Automation using bots in Linux/UNIX ?

Top Forums UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers Automation using bots in Linux/UNIX ?
# 1  
Old 05-07-2019
Automation using bots in Linux/UNIX ?

Hi folks,
has any one attempted using bots for performing tasks in unix?please share if you faced any challenges

thanks
# 2  
Old 05-07-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy812
Hi folks,
has any one attempted using bots for performing tasks in unix?please share if you faced any challenges

thanks
?

All computers use automated processes to to myriad tasks and have done so for decades.

A "bot" is just code that performs a task or executes some code / function, basically.

tommy812, You need to define "bot" very specifically if you want a more detailed reply.

Thanks.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

UNIX automation

I am using netteza server and i have a list of table names. I need to fetch all the data from these tables and need to create seperate zip files and store in a folder in the server. How can we automate this process. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nikhilthms97
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Unix fdisk -l Automation

Hello Folks - Need help really ASAP. Iam trying to run this Shell command to get all the lists of partitions and disks from across all the servers. #!/bin/ksh _servers="" _out="/tmp/output.$$" _ssh=/usr/bin/ssh >$_out for s in $_servers do $_ssh $s fdisk -l >> $_out done ... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: bkilaru
8 Replies

3. Homework & Coursework Questions

Mail Automation in UNIX

Hi Sir, I need unix code which will read data present in .xls file and should send an automated mails .when i place the .XLS file in a specific folder and run ***.sh from unix box Attached Excel file contains Subject , To , CC , Body (Paragraph 1) , Body (Paragraph 2) , Signature When i... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chaitanyaS
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Linux VMguest Automation

i need a help to conigure the ipaddress for linux vmguest we have perl script to deploy the vmguest from our master server and that script will configure the vmguest and boot the machine automatically. i have query once guest booted it should read a file from (.vmx or some file from datestore... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: venikathir
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

UNIX automation

Hello People, I have an outstanding issue with me I have 5 files at location /usr/abc called 1.DE 1.TXT 2.DE 2.TXT 3.DE 3.TXT 4.DE 4.TXT 5.Fe.ok My work involves few manual process like transfer 1.DE 1.TXT and 5.Fe.ok to /usr/dob location and run one script(for example -... (42 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_panky
42 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Simple Unix Automation

Hi, i'm a newbie with unix and shell scripting. I'm just trying to do a script to simply automate a unix task. This are the steps on what i want to just run on a simple shell script 1. go to a specific path (cd /folder1/folder2/) 2. edit and input a number on a file (file_id) then save exit... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: soultransit
6 Replies

7. AIX

Automation from Windows to Linux - Telnet and su using perl

Here is my requirement to automate the deployment procedure for my project. Telnet to AIX box (say SERVER1) from windows machine (with USER1) Select the server to login say "SERVER2" su as different user say "USER2"(Owner of the deployed files) Execute the script (Script has so many... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nurainos
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question