Something like Macromedia Flash for UNIX ?

Special Forums UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers Something like Macromedia Flash for UNIX ?
# 1  
Old 04-06-2005
Something like Macromedia Flash for UNIX ?

Hi !
Does anyone knows if is there any clone of Macromedia Flash for UNIX systems ? or anything else that can create .swf files...
Thanks !
# 2  
Old 04-07-2005
Found this with a google search of "flash for linux" http://freshmeat.net/projects/f4l/. Not sure if this is good enough since you asked specifically for UNIX. I couldnt find that.
# 3  
Old 04-07-2005
Comparing .SWF (ShockWave Flash) and .SVG (Scalable Vector Graphics) file format specifications

"There are several technologies for displaying 2D interactive vector graphics on the web. Among the many contenders, Macromedia's ShockWave Flash Format is outstanding and has been established as a standard. However, it is a de-facto standard under control of one single vendor. For this reason, the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) proposed a recommendation to achieve standardized 2D interactive vector graphics on the web. This technique is called Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)."

Introduction to SVG

Adobe SVG Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) is a new graphics file format and Web development language based on XML. SVG enables Web developers and designers to create dynamically generated, high-quality graphics from real-time data with precise structural and visual control.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SCO

Usb Flash in SCO UNIX 5.0.6

hi How can I use my USB Flash memory in Sco 5.0.6 tanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: moein.mojtaba
1 Replies

2. Programming

Flash on Coldfusion on Unix

Do embedded Flash objects running on a Coldfusion website work on Unix servers running Apache? I am a Windows guy and have no experience with Unix. Thanks in advance. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: asimpson
0 Replies

3. HP-UX

rp 3440 flash red light and can't boot to unix

I have a rp 3440 cluster.This node restarted twice and became normal. It restarted last night and it now blinking red light. Below are logs from the console After doing Cl command. firmware Version 45.11 Duplex Console IO Dependent Code (IODC) revision 1 ******* Unexpected... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: niggersak
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Mozilla & Macromedia Flash Player Plugin Problem

Hello All, I am using Mozilla 1.7.8 on hp-ux 11.00, and install flash player 6 for it. it is giving following errors and get crashed. when i want to open a site need flash plugin. Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkSuperWin' to `GtkWidget' Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkSuperWin'... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Awadhesh
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

unix.com Flash animation

I realy Love the look of the Flash animation at top of the forum, very sweet. But it uses all of my cpu power :( even winamp starts getting little skips. Then i have to scroll down and hide the nice animation :( Maybe someone could try to tune it a little bit. Thats on a 1,6 Ghz... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lazzar
0 Replies

6. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

Latest Design of New Unix Header (Flash)

As everyone might know by now, we have a new 'draft' banner with matrix theme, falling unix commands, blinking numbers, and more. This will be the new default theme for the forums. We are in the process of sending final comments to our designer, please feel free to post your suggestions here.... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
20 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

can I install macromedia coldfusion in a unix system

Hello. it`s possible tha your are reading a messege from the most recent unix user... mi. My question is. can i install macromedia coldfusion in unix system? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: waguilar
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question