send "pwd\r"
 expect "sftp>"
 send "get $SOURCE_FILE $TARGET_DIR\r"
 expect "sftp>"
 send "bye\r"
EOF

Once I execute the script using it only transfer 20 MB of the file

While if I transfer the file manually the size of file transffered in 80 MB

Therefore the shell script is somehow doesnot wait for send to complete .

Can you all suggest some way to overcome this problem .

Thanks,
# 2  
Old 12-09-2018
You can use rsync to automate file transfer and it works better, in my opinion, than wrapping with expect.

I do a lot of automatic file transfers and I use rsync exclusively. That will solve your problem, moving to rsync.
# 3  
Old 12-10-2018
Hi Neo ,

rsysnc doesnot work on my system only solution I see is except

Thanks,
# 4  
Old 12-10-2018
What do you mean "rsync does not work on your system".... what system do you have where "rsync does not work" and why?
# 5  
Old 12-10-2018
Sftp transfers file partially

Hi ,

It gives me the following error :

rsync /A/B/C/asad
Code:
username@server.com:patch/file1.zip

Code:
Password:
exec request failed on channel 0
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(226) [sender=3.1.2]

Last edited by Asad; 12-10-2018 at 02:49 AM.. Reason: add
# 6  
Old 12-10-2018
That error message indicates you are not using rsync with the correct arguments (paths).

So, it looks like rsync works fine, but you are not using it correctly.
# 7  
Old 12-10-2018
FWIW,

Normally, I pull files from remote servers something like this:

Code:
/usr/bin/rsync -qpavzh --rsh="/usr/bin/sshpass -f '/usr/local/rsync/.info' ssh -o StrictHostKeyChecking=no -l username" username@myserver.com:/data/directory_to_sync/ /data/directory_to_sync

How are you using rsync?
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Pls Help: SFTP Error Handling for transfers

I am working on a shell script where after making sftp connection to a remote server the file are being transferred. The problem is how to capture return code for the file which is missing at the remote location. I have tried to capture the return code which return value of "0" even the transfer of... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Khan28
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Identify failed file transfers during SFTP

Hi All, I have a pretty demanding requirement for an SFTP script I have been trying to put together. I have nearly 100 files (all with the names staring with T_PROD) generated in my local server daily. I need to transfer each of these files to a remote server via SFTP (that's a client... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aviktheory11
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command / script to partially rename file

Hi I have numerous files names product_host_result_B1000842.txt product_host_result_B1000847.txt product_host_result_C1000842.txt product_host_result_C1000848.txt etc. I need them renamed so that the 'product_host_result' becomes 'output_product_host' but the rest of the filename is... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Grueben
6 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script partially executes??

Hi All, I am calling a shell script from another shell script, however, it only executes part of it (the echo commands only). What could be some causes for that? For example: ShellScriptA.sh: ... ... ... . ShellScriptB.sh ShellScriptB.sh contents: echo date echo... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: DBnixUser
7 Replies

5. Programming

Automatic SFTP transfers using OpenSSH on Windows and C#

I would like to create console application in c# to automate the process of downloading some files from a SFTP server to my local hard drive at a set time each week/day. SFTP Server installed OpenSSH for windows and client machine also. Any ideas how I could do such a task? or sample code. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sufiiyan
0 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to output the partially equals

Hello i have 2 files: a.out 10.1.1.1 james.franco 10.1.1.3 google.gol 10.1.1.14 yahoo.bol b.out 10.1.1.1 10.1.1.3 10.1.1.45 I need to see an output just with: 10.1.1.1 james.franco 10.1.1.3 google.gol Thankz in advance!! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: danielldf
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Is it possible to partially clear the terminal?

The clear command specifically says it can only clear the entire terminal display. There are no arguments. So I'm wondering if there are any work arounds. Carriage return does not work for this as it only moves the cursor to the beginning of the line we're on. And obviously NL only goes down. If... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: FunkyLich
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

tunneling commands and file transfers through established ssh connection

Hi - I frequently run commands, and transfer files to/from a host that uses SecurID ssh authentication. It is a real pain to have to enter the authentication information every time I want to interact with this host. I am wondering if there is a way to establish a one-time ssh connection to this... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpp6f
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to partially replace variable value?

I have variable $2 whose value is expdp_SDW_MSTR_VMDB.par I want to replace three characters from right (par) with (log) Input --> expdp_SDW_MSTR_VMDB.par Output --> expdp_SDW_MSTR_VMDB.log Thanks Deep (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deep.singh
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

reas a file partially line by line

I need to read a file fron nth to n+m line by line using bash ie while read line do # soem stuff done <<file But The file is so big I am only intersted in reading ceratin portion of the file ie from nth line to mth line where m is alwasy greatr than n (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jojan
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question