commit

Operating Systems AIX commit
# 1  
Old 01-16-2006
commit

good morning

Can you explain to me what is a "commit" (aix 5.3) ?
There is no man for this command.

thank you
# 2  
Old 01-20-2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by pascalbout
good morning

Can you explain to me what is a "commit" (aix 5.3) ?
There is no man for this command.

thank you
commit is typically a database thing. You update/delete something in the database and make it permanent with 'commit'.

In AIX there is no such command to my knowledge.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

A question about Subversion and commit from the command line

Hey guys, so I want to start using the terminal when I do thinks like update, commit and whatnot. I am use to using kdesvn which is a GUI that helps me with subversion. However, kdesvn does not seem to play well on 18.04 and regardless I am trying to move away from GUI's in general. I want to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Circuits
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

give ldap a/c during commit in commit line section

Is someone help me to achieve my goal I am working on a script actually script is working fine .The goal of script is restrict the user for something like while he is doing tocommit in repository he will commit with comment and with some parameter....here I have one more requirement and that is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuragpgtgerman
0 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can't Commit Directory... is this guy pulling my leg?

Hello, I hired a coder a couple weeks ago to develop 3 small modules for a popular CMS. I created Github repos for each module so as to manage the code and allow others to download it at will. The CMS in question is structured in such a way that each module is housed in its own... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: fern
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Commit in PL/SQL using Shell script

Hi All, I have written a shell script in which i am updating records in a table. It is a PL/SQL block. I have to use PL/SQL block as i am using bms_application_info.set_module package But the problem is once the script completes, i cannot see the updated records in Table. I mean result is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
0 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

db2 commit for every 50 rows

I am writing a unix shell script for the archive purge job. During purging, the records will be deleted one by one. I didnot mention anything about db2 commit. By default, the records are commited one by one. Now I need to give commit for every 50 records deletion. The deletion part is as... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmanivan82
0 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

cvs[commit aborted]:'root is not allowed to commit changes'

Hi , can u please any one of you give solution for this .. when am tryring to commit files from the CVS in Myeclipse J2ee Environment . that i coundnt able to commit and getting the Following error message cvs :'root' is not allowd to commit files' am using redhat enterprise 5 Server . (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rksubash
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

any way to commit idle tasks in unix?

I need to do some code benchmarking in unix. On windows, it is always recommended that before you run any kind of benchmark, that you execute the command Rundll32.exe advapi32.dll,ProcessIdleTasks which commits idle tasks, so that hopefully this does not happen in the middle of your benchmark... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabulous2
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

cvs diff then commit

I would like to run a cvs diff to check which files have been changed and then cvs commit these changed files. Does anyone have a shell script which will automate this process? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: alangibson
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question