my process is going to sleep mode after 12 hours but i need my process in in firsy pr

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users my process is going to sleep mode after 12 hours but i need my process in in firsy pr
# 1  
Old 09-05-2006
CPU & Memory my process goes to sleep mode after 12 hours but i need my processfirst priority

hi all

I process is sleeping after 12 hours but i need to be run this to 24 hours but it goes in sleep mode after 12 hours what should i do to make process always running.Kindly give me suggestion.

Last edited by mukesh_rakesh1; 09-05-2006 at 03:53 AM.. Reason: heading was not good
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: naveeng
6 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Process remians in Running state causing other similar process to sleep and results to system hang

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

3. BSD

Hi Experts, I am facing one problem here which is one process always stuck in running state which causes the other similar process to sleep state . This causes my system in hanged state. On doing cat /proc/<pid>wchan showing the "__init_begin" in the output. Can you please help me here... (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Stop and start a process every X hours

Hi, I have a parallelized Mathematica program that spans across 8 MathKernels processes running at 100% and one MathKernel (highlighted in blue) running at < 10% that controls the other 8. They look like this on the cluster: https://www.unix.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=5111&stc=1&d=1381245618... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: giovform
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Capture the running process for 2 hours

Hi, How can i capture the running process for 2 hours. Thanks in advance.:b: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sarathkumar
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sleep process not sleeping!

I had a script executing every hour to kill a process. I used loop rather than cron to execute it periodically. But now when I am trying to kill that sleep process of 1 hour its not getting killed. it is taking a new PID everytime I kill. To disable the script commenting is the only option... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nixhead
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Process getting terminated after sleep iterations

Hello All, I have a script which has a functionality to sleep for 300 seconds after it does some processing, so in the logs if i check after the 3 iteration of sleep it didn't write saying "sleeping for 300 seconds". I suspect putty would automatically terminate session as i cannot access it any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Ariean
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Process Time in hours or minutes only

Hi i want to print the time of a process in hours only..(or) in minutes only.Is there anyway to print the process such like that when i give the commnand like following #ps -eo pid,time PID TIME 412 01:49:32 481 00:03 it shows in HH:MM:SS format: Could anyone... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srikanthg
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell Scripting not showing in process when it goes to sleep

Hi All, Here is my script: sleep_time=`echo "9.6 * $num_servers"|bc| cut -d. -f1` if ; then sleep_time=3600;fi ### Allow the compare script to kick in after 1 hour at the least logger "Sleeping for $sleep_time seconds ...Will call compare.sh thereon" $act_log sleep $sleep_time #sleep... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ntgobinath
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process

how to start a process and make it sleep for 5 mins and then kill that process (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: shrao
6 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
CAFFEINATE(8)						    BSD System Manager's Manual 					     CAFFEINATE(8)

NAME
caffeinate -- prevent the system from sleeping on behalf of a utility SYNOPSIS
caffeinate [-disu] [-t timeout] [-w pid] [utility arguments...] DESCRIPTION
caffeinate creates assertions to alter system sleep behavior. If no assertion flags are specified, caffeinate creates an assertion to pre- vent idle sleep. If a utility is specified, caffeinate creates the assertions on the utility's behalf, and those assertions will persist for the duration of the utility's execution. Otherwise, caffeinate creates the assertions directly, and those assertions will persist until caffeinate exits. Available options: -d Create an assertion to prevent the display from sleeping. -i Create an assertion to prevent the system from idle sleeping. -m Create an assertion to prevent the disk from idle sleeping. -s Create an assertion to prevent the system from sleeping. This assertion is valid only when system is running on AC power. -u Create an assertion to declare that user is active. If the display is off, this option turns the display on and prevents the display from going into idle sleep. If a timeout is not specified with '-t' option, then this assertion is taken with a default of 5 second timeout. -t Specifies the timeout value in seconds for which this assertion has to be valid. The assertion is dropped after the specified time- out. Timeout value is not used when an utility is invoked with this command. -w Waits for the process with the specified pid to exit. Once the the process exits, the assertion is also released. This option is ignored when used with utility option. EXAMPLE
caffeinate -i make caffeinate forks a process, execs "make" in it, and holds an assertion that prevents idle sleep as long as that process is running. SEE ALSO
pmset(1) LOCATION
/usr/bin/caffeinate Darwin November 9, 2012 Darwin