Client in C++ , Server in Java ,Can they talk ???

Top Forums Programming Client in C++ , Server in Java ,Can they talk ???
# 1  
Old 12-20-2008
Client in C++ , Server in Java ,Can they talk ???

Hello !!!!! , I am trying to develop a very simple client/server program using Sockets and the TCP/IP protocol.The client must be in C++ and the Server in Java , i was told that those two could talk to each other easily, but i can not make that happen.

All i need is a very very simple example code that could send a String between those two programs.Have a nice day Smilie
# 2  
Old 12-20-2008
PHP

UDP and TCP sockets are (basically) device and language independent. You should make sure that both sides speak the same protocol, meaning if you try to transfer a Java/C++ object (like a string), make sure that the other side can parse that. Best (for a simple example) would be to send basic ASCII characters only.

A good starting point for socket programming in general is Beej's Guide to Network Programming
# 3  
Old 12-20-2008
Thx a lot :-)
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

CA Siteminder offline authentication for a thick client(swing java) application.

Hi All, I have a thick client based on swing java and we are using CA SiteMinder for the authentication. Now we have new requirement in which we need to access the application when its offline. So is there any way that I can use siteminder for offline authenticaion? I mean can we store... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chacko193
0 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Sftp script for dev server to client server

hi, i am new to unix, cuold u send some sftp acripts to send files to dev server to clint server, (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Koti.annam
1 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Office server => laptop =>client server ...a lengthy and laborious ftp procedure

Hi All, I need your expertise in finding a way to solve my problem.Please excuse if this is not the right forum to ask this question and guide me to the correct forum,if possible. I am a DBA and on a daily basis i have to ftp huge dump files from my company server to my laptop and then... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kunwar
3 Replies

4. Programming

Client/Server Socket Application - Preventing Client from quitting on server crash

Problem - Linux Client/Server Socket Application: Preventing Client from quitting on server crash Hi, I am writing a Linux socket Server and Client using TCP protocol on Ubuntu 9.04 x64. I am having problem trying to implement a scenario where the client should keep running even when the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: varun.nagpaal
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question