NOTICE:u79n:Abnormal interrupt! int_status=FC67C0D0

Special Forums Hardware Filesystems, Disks and Memory NOTICE:u79n:Abnormal interrupt! int_status=FC67C0D0
# 1  
Old 04-09-2007
NOTICE:u79n:Abnormal interrupt! int_status=FC67C0D0

I am receiving the message of "NOTICE:u79n:Abnormal interrupt! int_status=FC67C0D0" periodically on my server. (version is 5.06) It is not creating a critical problem and my applications are running withouth any problem. What is the reason of that and how can I solve that problem?
# 2  
Old 04-10-2007
Where do you receive these messages ? In the syslog ? Usually those messages are logged at the debugging level, if they are pain for you, then disable logging of "kern.debug". Also, what is your OS ?
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Getting rid of abnormal Characters

i'm grepping for words in the /var/adm/messages (sun solaris). but it looks like while my grepping finds the strings, when it outputs them out, the beginning of some lines are chopped off. Jun 13 14:06:02 sky.net ufs: NOTICE: alloc: /prod: file system full 3 14:39:19 sky.net ufs: NOTICE:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting rid of abnormal Characters

ok, so i have no clue why this script i wrote spits out these bizarre characters: i cant even copy and paste those characters on here because it just doesn't show up properly. my question is, using sed, how can i get rid of all characters that aren't normal? echo "abnormal characters" |... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Is there any shell command to show which interrupt handler handle which interrupt number?

Hi, all: Is there any shell command to show which interrupt handler handle which interrupt number in the system? li,kunlun (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: liklstar
5 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Interrupt storm detected on "irq 20" throttling interrupt source

I receive the following warning messages on a very new machine which has FreeBSD 8.1 x64 installed on it: Interrupt storm detected on "irq 20" throttling interrupt source It is unclear what this means and what its origins are (motherboard? CPU? RAM?). I can start the desktop and the message is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: figaro
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script is showing abnormal behavior...

Hi, facing unusual problem, below are 2 same scripts, one is working and other is not. please help --- THIS SCRIPT IS WORKING FINE!!!! #! /bin/sh phone=`grep "<phone>" data.xml | sed 's:<phone>::;s:</phone>::'` echo "Phone Number is:"$phone repnum=554156 cat data.xml | sed -e... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Prateek007
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Abnormal behaviour of Defuncts

Hi, I am facing problems with defunct processes. The problem is, the defuncts are being created and getting dissappeared by themselves. I have a process that calls some scripts through a specified port, when this scripts starts executing, the defuncts also started to appear(lots and lots, will... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: reddybs
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

abnormal process HPUX

i am using HP-UX and i have this process called HPUX childwrapper taking about 99% cpu.i want to know what the process does? and if i should kill it (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tomjones
4 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Abnormal Inact Memory

Hello, have a look my top and ps as below Inact memory reach 1.6G, does it normal ? load averages: 0.07, 0.02, 0.01; up 7+06:48:52 02:58:01 91 processes: 2 running, 89 sleeping CPU states: 0.0% user, 0.0% nice, 0.4% system, 0.0% interrupt, 99.6% idle Memory: 24M... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jipznet1981
0 Replies

9. Programming

handling abnormal process termination

hi i m writin a program in which i keep track of all the child processes the program has generated and if a child process has an abnormal termination i need to do certain task related to that child process. for handlin child process i used waitpid: temp_cpid=waitpid(-1,&stat,WUNTRACED); ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mridula
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Abnormal Termination errors

I'm having trouble with Abnormal Termination errors. What are they, what causes them and how can I prevent them from happening? Are they application specific? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bialsibub
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question