SCSI interfacing by C

Top Forums Programming SCSI interfacing by C
# 1  
Old 06-03-2009
Lightbulb SCSI interfacing by C

how can I make interfacing with the SCSI controller on linux system using C language to send or recieve data via this SCSI port like I made with serial port and socket ???Smilie
how can I deal with this port ??Smilie
how can I get its address or its device name ???Smilie

thanks for help.
# 2  
Old 06-03-2009
# 3  
Old 06-08-2009
thanks for your help

-----Post Update-----

thanks for your help
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Emergency UNIX and Linux Support

Interfacing applications and ports

Is there a way to understand/look into the list of interfaces that are connected to an AIX box. Primarily I am looking for the list of IP addresses that can connect to an AIX server, and using which port the access is possible? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ggayathri
2 Replies

2. Programming

problem in coding for GSM interfacing using serial port

i am having some coding problem in c for interfacing the GSM module through serial port. i want to send/receive sms. i have done all the setting for the port and know the AT command to use in this but i am actually having problem in reading and writing from serial port how to handle the signal when... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: harsh_it
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Interfacing a shell script with Perl Tk GUI

I want to make a GUI in perl tk where I can give some user input. This user input is the command line argument for a shell script. After giving the input parameters I want the user to press a button and the shell script should start executing. How should i interface the shell script with the GUI? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lassimanji
0 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

interfacing ethereal

Hi All; plz suggest me any perl script to get the ethereal messeges.To be more specific, i need to write a perl script that when an ethereal tool is started and captures any traces, can get that trace......... :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: trupti_rinku
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCSI Harddisk

hey guys this is my problem I have SCO unix installed on a IDE h/drive. I want to add a SCSI hard drive, how do i do that within UNIX (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kwame.neilsen
1 Replies

6. AIX

SCSI Disks

Hi Is it possible to install in p5 and pSeries SCSI Disks from SUN on DELL? Will they work? Regards, Pit (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: piooooter
0 Replies

7. Solaris

Scsi cables - which ones?

Is there any specific scsi cables that you need to get when connecting a tape drive or external storage or does one type of cable fit all? ie. I can buy the following: HD68 to HD68 with Ferrites supports S-E Ultra/Wide transfer rates. But will this work for tape drives and storage? I... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frustrated1
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scsi

I would like to install a AIT drive to the scsi connector on our solaris box. I am very new to the unix world and would be greatful if someone could help or lead me in the right direction. Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpyle
4 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Compaq Scsi

Howto make Debian GNU/Linux install boot on a Compaq DeskPro XL 590 with Compaq SCSI diskdrive? The problem is that Compaq's Scsi controller sems to be odd. help please :) (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia
0 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Scsi

How can you get a scsi card to initalize or decome available at boot up on AIX 4.3 (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: truma1
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question