wwpn of san on aix

Operating Systems AIX wwpn of san on aix
# 1  
Old 09-08-2008
wwpn of san on aix

Hi All,

How do I pull out the wwpn of san interface on aix53?

Any idea, thanks.
# 2  
Old 09-09-2008
If you mean the ID of the fcs devices to define a Host System you would use lscfg:
Code:
# lscfg -vl fcs0 | grep Address

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX LPAR FC connection to SAN

Hi all, In my system, I have HMC 7 with Power Machine 6 & 7. On the managed system, we have many lpars. In some lpars, I can see they are using virtual fiber channel to connect to DS8K storage. In search with google, I understand that it is configured with VIOS server to share the physical FC... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phat
7 Replies

2. AIX

SAN DISK raid level in AIX

Hello All, Our servers having emc clarion for the data disks. Is that possible to see those san disks raid level from AIX ? Am having AIX 6.1 and EMC clarion 5.5. Regards, Gowtham.G (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
3 Replies

3. AIX

AIX San management

Hi All, I'm looking for documents and books about SAN management in AIX5.3. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Greetings, Peter (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petervg
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Can AIX 5.3 - 6 Boot From HP EVA 6000 SAN

Hi There, Has anyone had any luck with or know how to get AIX 5+ to boot from a HP EVA 6000 SAN? The servers used here will be P Class Blades My initial searches on this so far did not bring results so I am guessing this may not be possible on HP SAN's but please let me know if I am... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fazzasx
0 Replies

5. AIX

AIX mount points (SAN)

I have a mount point that I would like to have RW on one server and RO on 2 other servers. The issue that I have is that it does not seem to update on the RO servers when I make changes on the server that is RW. Lets say I have /oracle/clone mounted RW on serverA. I am able to mount /oracle/clone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: seacros
2 Replies

6. AIX

AIX, VIOS and DS4800 SAN

Hello I have a system with four AIX 5L V5.3 partitions and a Virtual I/O server, connected to a a DS4800 storage array. Now the company bought another DS4800... i made raid on it... and now i wanna give LUN's to the VIOS, so i can use in one of AIX partitions... Someone can help me? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfca
5 Replies

7. AIX

maintenance on the SAN with AIX

Hi All, I need to do maintenance on the SAN. Do I need to shutdown AIX as well? Or I can just unmount the SAN-FS and let the SAN reboot or do maintenance mode. And then when SAN is up, just mount it back. Is that simple it is or not? Thanks in advance, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

8. AIX

AIX disk less with SAN

Hi All, I have mirrored SAN volume on my B80 rootvg. Can I just remove the mirror and "Remove a P V from a V G" and it will be a diskless AIX? Is that going to boot on SAN rootvg volume? Thanks in advance, itik (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: itik
3 Replies

9. AIX

Problems AIX and SAN.

Sorry for my english. We have a IBM BLADES JS21. AIX 5.3 update to 6. Our JS21 has 2 FC (fcs0 and fcs1). We have one DS4072, one Disk system with 2 controllers and 2 FC by controllers. This means, all AIX FC see all Disk systems controllers by 2 FC switchs. (one fc two roads) FC AIX... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: fjgonzalez
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help with SDD, SAN ESS and AIX 5.3 Host

Hi all, Sorry if this is in the wrong place but needed to make sure lots of people saw this so that hopefully someone will be able to help. Basically i've upgraded a test server from 4.3 to 5.3 TL04. The server has hdisk0 and 1 as rootvg locally but then has another vg setup on our ESS... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: djdavies
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question