UNIX -openbsd /i386

Operating Systems BSD UNIX -openbsd /i386
# 1  
Old 08-10-2003
UNIX -openbsd /i386

I think i have messed up with the bios or something. i am seeing this message as soon as the system boots up

////////////////////////////////////////////
Password =

Please Enter The System Logon:
///////////////////////////////////////////

First i though that it was due to changing the setting of boot up/password or bios password, but after unpluging the CMOS Batter/Drum Battery , it still shows the same message and after 3 *wrong guess/tries the system shut off itself.

can't even log in/get in the system.

Any comment.

Thanks.
# 2  
Old 08-11-2003
cross posted threads will get deleted by a mod.

that IS the CMOS password. if that password happens before or right after the POST, then yes it is a bios setting. when you took the battery out you didnt take it out long enough. wait a full minute before you put it back in. that SHOULD work.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

BSD Unix Toolbox: 1000+ Commands for FreeBSD, OpenBSD, and NetBSD

Usually when I on the evening go to bed I take some interesting book with me. I read it for a while to get me down to sleep. Probably most people seek information from the Nett by googleing but I am so oldfashioned I prefer a real book ;) But what a book. The one I found and ordered is BSD Unix®... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fossiili
0 Replies

2. SCO

I need a box to run SCO 3.2 5.0.5 i386 with...

need it to be able to run Seagate STT8000A tape drive. Any suggestions where to go. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mike Gomes
5 Replies

3. Solaris

Ethereal Solaris i386

Hello guys, I am trying to install ethereal in Solaris10 based on i386 system. But i can find only packet for sparc. Any idea? Thanks a lot! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @dagio
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

ioctl() system call on Linux-i386

Greetings, Please help me with the following : Where can I find what means exactly and how to use each of the second argument of the ioctl() system call in Linux/386 : FIOxxx (file IOCTL requests), SIOxxx (socket IOCTL requests), TCxxx TIOxxx (terminal IOCTL requests) ? ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aigoia
1 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris I386 ifconfig devices ??

I want to configure my Network card. On solaris 9 i386. How to know the good Network device. I use prtconf to display the device list. I'm searching the device name. Like ifconfig device_name plumb thanks you (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: simquest
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing php-4.3.3-2.i386.rpm

Ok when i try to run the install the is what i get How can i fix this can anyone help (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Blackrose
8 Replies

7. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

UNIX -openbsd /i386

UNIX -openbsd /i386 I think i have messed up with the bios or something. i am seeing this message as soon as the system boots up //////////////////////////////////////////// Password = Please Enter The System Logon: /////////////////////////////////////////// First i though that it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hrk2006
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are the differences among i386, i486, i586?

I know it is a silly question, but when I tried to order or download some linux distributions, they have the options for i386, i486, i586, alpha, IA64, M68K, etc.. Does i386 mean intel-80386? Why when I told the webmaster that my pc is intel piii 933, he told me to download the i386 version?... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: HOUSCOUS
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Solaris 8 on a i386

Hi, I am trying to installing solaris on a intel PC, but I am unable to do it. So my question is where can I find some good documents (I tried sun.com did not find any thing). If I want to dual boot between Linux and Solaris, would I install solaris first if so why? Thanks alot ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: chamkila
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arrg... SunOS 5.8 i386

I set up a cheap-o box here to play with... I disabled all of my r* services, and plenty of other stuff... (Sure does install a lot of stuff running by default!). I use Reflections X from my NT Workstation to connect. Up until I disabled those services, it worked fairly well. Now I connect and... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: LivinFree
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question