SunBlade 2000

Operating Systems Solaris SunBlade 2000
# 1  
Old 07-24-2007
SunBlade 2000

Hi guys,

I have a SunBlade 2000 that I am trying to configure. It has been configured previously with an IP address, hostname, DNS and so forth. I want to configure it with a new IP address. How can I achieve this? It has been one of the most difficult tasks for me as I am not really familiar with configuring Sun Desktop systems and are more familiar with the servers. Please help. Thank you!
# 2  
Old 07-24-2007
its the same task as on a server... so i don't see your problem?!
# 3  
Old 07-24-2007
What I mean to say is do I install an Ethernet cable to TPE and to the main patch panel and then set up a Jumpstart server to boot? I have entered the MAC address in the NIS map. I tried doing watch-net-all when it was in OBP prompt but it says "Internal loopback test -- send failed"
# 4  
Old 07-24-2007
i don't get what you want to do... make a new installation or change the ip of the installed os?
# 5  
Old 07-24-2007
I am trying to configure a SunBlade 2000 for use in a network. We received it from a different location previously and so it still had its previous hostname and other network configurations. I guess my question is how can I change that network configuration so we can use it in our lab and install a new Solaris image on it?
# 6  
Old 07-25-2007
if you do a new install, there is no need for configuration work. otherwise run "sys-unconfig" in solaris to start with new settings.
# 7  
Old 08-08-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkayev
Hi guys,

I have a SunBlade 2000 that I am trying to configure. It has been configured previously with an IP address, hostname, DNS and so forth. I want to configure it with a new IP address. How can I achieve this? It has been one of the most difficult tasks for me as I am not really familiar with configuring Sun Desktop systems and are more familiar with the servers. Please help. Thank you!
I Think "Arkayev" is trying to ask a Doubt about Jumpstart Installation in Solaris.... Am i right....?
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Ufsrestore on SunBlade 2500

Good Afternoon, I'm setting up a SunBlade 2500 using ufsrestoreand have gotten to the point where I have restored the root and usr partitions. However, the machine keeps rebooting, never really coming up. Looking at vfstab, it looks pretty empty- shouldn't I see entries like... (22 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
22 Replies

2. Solaris

Cloning a Sunblade 2500

Good Morning, I took a mirror drive from one Solaris 9 machine and used it to set up another. After syncing another mirror on the second machine I restarted but I don't get a login screen. I see a message:The X-server cannot be started on display :0 Also during startup I see:... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Stellaman1977
8 Replies

3. Solaris

Re-install Sunblade 2000 with new solaris OS release

Hi all, I am a newbie with sunblade 2000 hardware. I need to format the server and re-install a new solaris release, and I don't know how to do... If I try to boot on a CD, it didn't boot, Is it normal ? Do I need to go to a bios ? what is the key sequence ? to plug a console ? on which port ?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Fritch
1 Replies

4. Solaris

TTY Issue with Sunblade 150

I purchased a Sunblade 150 from Ebay. It had 512MB RAM and 80GB hard disk. I recently purchased additional RAM and another 80GB disk, and installed them. The RAM goes through POST without issues. I just can't get beyond the OK prompt. I am using the serial console. I have been unable to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Geekasaurus
5 Replies

5. Solaris

Boot problems with SunBlade 2000

Can't seem to get it to boot from cd boot cd rebooting with command: boot cd boot device: /pci@8600000/sunw,qlc@4/fp@0,0/disk@1,0 file and args: cd boot: cannot open cd enter filename : trying to install solaris 9 9/04 just to use it as a simple workstation on home network quite new... (25 Replies)
Discussion started by: solnewbie
25 Replies

6. Solaris

PC133 for sunblade 100

Greetings, I was in the mood of upgrading my sunblade100 in my bedroom, since I recuperated some RAM from intel servers, and found myself with what seems to not work (I was hoping to pass from 256Mb to 2GB... and then upgrading to solaris 10...) after this failure I tried with just one 512 MB,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vbe
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Sunblade 1000

Hi everyone this is my first post I have used linux a couple of times and was impressed, so i bought an old sunblade 1000, just to learn something new. I cannot get the thing to work! I have tried to install solaris 10 and several types of linux. I am beginning to wonder if i was sold a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kawakaze
3 Replies

8. Solaris

Solaris 8 Sunblade 2000 and French HP Keyboard

Hello Experts I am trying to use my Solaris 8 Sunblade 2000 with a French HP Keyboard. My system needs to be configured with this keyboard. Please advise where I can set it up. By the way I am using CDE environment. Thanks (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Reza Nazarian
0 Replies

9. Solaris

Moving to Solaris 10 on a SunBlade 1500

I am using a SunBlade 1500 that currently runs Solaris 8 and I would like to install Solaris 10. This workstation has 1Gbyte of memory, 1 GigEthernet card and one 80Gbyte ATA drive. Soon a 2nd 80Gbyte drive will be installed. Are there any 'interesting' points I need to watch for in the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: miket
9 Replies

10. Solaris

regd.sunblade 100

hii alll i have a problem with my sunblade100. when i switch on, no display comes but if i ping from a remote machine its pinging,but iam not able to telent to that sun server,what can be the problem,how can i sort ot this issue 2 thing in usb iam not able to use STOP N (to clear the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris8in
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question