HP-UX File System device load

Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX File System device load
# 1  
Old 12-22-2006
HP-UX File System device load

Hi Guys,

I am new to HP-UX system, can someone please let me know which file or what process is require to load all the devices when the system boot up. Currently I am having a few issue when starting the system it does not load all the device.

Cheers,
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

File system full - not removed: No space left on device

Does anyone have any advise on trying to clean up a full filesystem? I can't rm any files because of the follow: not removed: No space left on device Any help would be very much appreciated. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: craigsky
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Learn Linux File System and Device Drivers

I am to start working on two project on Linux Device Drivers and other on File System. So I got the book "Understanding Linux Kernel" by Daniel and Marco. But I am confused as how to proce Will anybody pls let me know how to go to about studying the chapter in this book? I mean the order in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shefalibv
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Find File system according to device

Hi guys, I want to translate the device name from the command "iostat" to file system name in order to check IO problems of DB's data files. What is the way to do it? Thanks in advance, Nir (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

What's a high load for my system?

I'm not sure if this belong in dummies or advanced so I made my best guess. Go easy on me if I get it wrong. I'm trying to determine what a high load for my system is. I run a php/mysql web server with a dedicated host. The host has a Intel Xeon 3110 (Dual Core) processor. Our load seems to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vanguard
5 Replies

5. Solaris

sar : insufficient address space to load xxxx device records

Hello, i am using Solaris 10, The sar running in my system might be corrupted, but not sure why as there has been no updates to it ( to the best of my knowledge) and it was working fine until few days back. If i try to get sar reports using sar -o <filename> 60 180 there is no error but the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nimi20
2 Replies

6. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

cannot load any operating system

I've tried installing Linux (SuSE because it's the easiest disc I had on hand) and Windows, and neither can boot. The specific problems are below. With Linux: During the installation, I get error message on most of the packages, even though I left all of them up to the default, and it sais... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Derrek
3 Replies

7. Debian

system load tool

hi. i'm searching for a tool that shows the system load of dual-box. something like "top", but with a column for each cpu and (optionally) memory usage shown in kb. it needs to be a command line tool because the box is a server and so it has no xserver running. i've already searched google,... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mikester
0 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How is system load determined?

Hello! I'm wondering what factors are used to determine the "system load" Where can i look to get more information on this? Patrick (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Patrick_Morris
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

determining the load on a system

I know that top reports the load, but what other command line utility will display the load on a system running Solaris 2.6? Thanks, Chuck (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: 98_1LE
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
devfs(7FS)                                                         File Systems                                                         devfs(7FS)

NAME
devfs - Devices file system DESCRIPTION
The devfs filesystem manages a name space of all devices under the Solaris operating environment and is mounted during boot on the /devices name space. The /devices name space is dynamic and reflects the current state of accessible devices under the Solaris operating environment. The names of all attached device instances are present under /devices. The content under /devices is under the exclusive control of the devfs filesystem and cannot be changed. The system may be configured to include a device in one of two ways: By means of dynamic reconfiguration (DR), using, for example, cfgadm(1M). For devices driven by driver.conf(4) enumeration, edit the driver.conf file to add a new entry, then use update_drv(1M) to cause the system to re-read the driver.conf file and thereby enumerate the instance. The device may be attached through a number of system calls and programs, including open(2), stat(2) and ls(1). During device attach, the device driver typically creates minor nodes corresponding to the device via ddi_create_minor_node(9F). If the attach is successful, one or more minor nodes referring to the device are created under /devices. Operations like mknod(2), mkdir(2) and creat(2) are not supported in /devices. FILES
/devices Mount point for devfs file system SEE ALSO
devfsadm(1M), vfstab(4), attach(9E) NOTES
The /devices name space cannot be unmounted. All content at or below the /devices name space is an implementation artifact and subject to incompatible change or removal without notifi- cation. SunOS 5.10 26 Oct 2004 devfs(7FS)