HELP - compiling error for vsftpd on AIX 6.1

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users HELP - compiling error for vsftpd on AIX 6.1
# 1  
Old 12-02-2013
HELP - compiling error for vsftpd on AIX 6.1

I'm getting error messages when trying to compile vsftpd version 3.0.2 on AIX 6.1 (trying to compile VSFTPD with SSL):

Code:
SRVR#:/opt/freeware/src/packages/SOURCES/vsftpd-3.0.2> make
        gcc -o vsftpd main.o utility.o prelogin.o ftpcmdio.o postlogin.o privsock.o  tunables.o ftpdataio.o secbuf.o ls.o  postprivparent.o logging.o str.o netstr.o sysstr.o strlist.o  
banner.o filestr.o parseconf.o secutil.o  ascii.o oneprocess.o twoprocess.o privops.o standalone.o hash.o  tcpwrap.o ipaddrparse.o access.o features.o readwrite.o opts.o  ssl.o 
sslslave.o ptracesandbox.o ftppolicy.o sysutil.o sysdeputil.o  seccompsandbox.o -Wl,-s -fPIE -pie -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now `./vsf_findlibs.sh`
ld: 0706-005 Cannot find or open file: relro
        ld open(): A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
ld: 0706-005 Cannot find or open file: now
collect2: error: ld returned 255 exit status
make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.

Stop

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by bartus11; 12-02-2013 at 06:18 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags
# 2  
Old 12-03-2013
I'm not an AIX user, so I can't say AIX does or does not support relro, but I would suggest removing it from your Makefile. You'd likely get a working binary if you left out -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now
# 3  
Old 03-08-2014
Hello, I am getting the same error when I tried to compile the code.

Code:
         gcc -o vsftpd main.o utility.o prelogin.o ftpcmdio.o postlogin.o privsock.o  tunables.o ftpdataio.o secbuf.o ls.o  postprivparent.o logging.o str.o netstr.o sysstr.o strlist.o  
banner.o filestr.o parseconf.o secutil.o  ascii.o oneprocess.o twoprocess.o privops.o standalone.o hash.o  tcpwrap.o ipaddrparse.o access.o features.o readwrite.o opts.o  ssl.o 
sslslave.o ptracesandbox.o ftppolicy.o sysutil.o sysdeputil.o  seccompsandbox.o -Wl,-s -fPIE -pie -Wl,-z,relro -Wl,-z,now `./vsf_findlibs.sh`
ld: 0706-005 Cannot find or open file: relro
ld: 0706-005 Cannot find or open file: now
collect2: error: ld returned 255 exit status
make: 1254-004 The error code from the last command is 1.

I am really stuck now. Can someone please help ?

I am hoping someone can compile vsftpd with SSL turned ON and share it with .RPM.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Don Cragun; 03-08-2014 at 02:40 AM.. Reason: Add CODE tags.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Compiling problem - AIX 7.2

Hi We meet errors while running configuration scripts to prepare compiling source code on AIX 7.2. This error does not happen on AIX5.3 and AIX6.1 With the “/usr/bin/sh” from AIX7.2, sometimes , the script runs sucessfully, sometimes not. It’s unstable, and I don’t know why. When... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobochacha29
10 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Does vsftpd support user access with client certificate with priv/pub key + vsftpd certificate?

:rolleyes:I am trying to setup all certificate based client-server environment in Linux using vsftpd and curl with openssl. I would like to make a user access with vsftpd certificate and user own client certificate (self-signed) with private/public key. I don't see google posts about the my plan... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gogogo
4 Replies

3. Red Hat

Trouble installing vsftpd builddegs.h compile error

gcc --version gcc (GCC) 3.4.3 20041212 (Red Hat 3.4.3-9.EL4) Linux 2.6.9-5.ELsmp #1 SMP Wed Jan 5 19:30:39 EST 2005 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux vsftpd built 3.0.2 I am seeing this error when I try to implement the steps outlined for installing vsftpd: # make gcc -c main.c -O2 -fPIE... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwnilges
2 Replies

4. AIX

AIX server is compiling executables to 32-bits by default, how to change it?

Hi everyone: I have a server running AIX 6.1, I've upgraded the TL from 6100-0100 to 6100-04-02-1007, however since then all the executables I compile are 32-bit mode by default, how can I solve this? I'm using VisualAge C/C++ 10.0 thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: edgarvm
4 Replies

5. AIX

Compiling samba from source in AIX 5.3

Hello all. I have never had any issues like this when compiling applications from source. When I try to compile samba-3.5.0pre2, configure runs with no issues, but when the time comes to make, this happens: make: make 1254-025 There must be an existing description file or specify a target. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: raidzero
4 Replies

6. AIX

Purify and AIX compiling problems.

Hi, i'm trying to work with a trial version of PurifyPlus 7 with fixpack 10 from Rational that needs to run over an AIX 5.3 platform, 64-bit. I had success on compiling and running the hello_world programs and even a hash test program i found over the net, but purify can achieve the same with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrispav
0 Replies

7. AIX

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX I try to compile Samba 3.0.27a under AIX with LDAP and KErberos. The configure work fine: CFLAGS: -I/opt/pware/include -I/opt/pware/lib/ -I/opt/pware/open_ldap_exec/lib/ -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/lib -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/include ./configure... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: BenediktS
2 Replies

8. UNIX and Linux Applications

Compiling samba 3.0.27a under AIX

I try to compile Samba 3.0.27a under AIX with LDAP and KErberos. The configure work fine: CFLAGS: -I/opt/pware/include -I/opt/pware/lib/ -I/opt/pware/open_ldap_exec/lib/ -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/lib -I/software/samba/oldap/usr/include ./configure --prefix=/opt/pware/samba/3.0.27a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BenediktS
1 Replies

9. Programming

compiling thread safe c on aix

Hi, I'm trying to compile a Perl module for AIX 5.3. Now, Perl by default wants to use cc_r as compiler but I only have gcc installed on this system. How can I get gcc to be thread safe? Or can I use gcc without any options and expect it to behave the same as cc_r? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: rein
0 Replies

10. AIX

compiling with aix 5.1

Hello, i will compile php and apache on an aix 5.1. Configure works fine. When i start the make the following error appears: /usr/include/sys/context.h:155: parse error before "sigset64_t" /usr/include/sys/context.h:158: parse error before '}' token make: 1254-004 The error code from the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: n-may
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question