Changing Path Variable

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Changing Path Variable
# 1  
Old 03-24-2014
Changing Path Variable

Blank Blank Blank

Last edited by pvibien; 06-14-2014 at 01:46 PM..
# 2  
Old 03-24-2014
You add in user's .profile found in users home directory
# 3  
Old 03-24-2014
Blank Blank Blank

Last edited by pvibien; 06-14-2014 at 01:47 PM..
# 4  
Old 03-24-2014
What exactly did you add?
# 5  
Old 03-24-2014
Blank Blank Blank

# 6  
Old 03-24-2014
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corona688
Quote:
i tried adding it to the file local.profile, but that does not seem to work.
im not sure what to add
# 7  
Old 03-24-2014
Blank Blank Blank

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Convert Relative path to Absolute path, without changing directory to the file location.

Hello, I am creating a file with all the source folders included in my git branch, when i grep for the used source, i found source included as relative path instead of absolute path, how can convert relative path to absolute path without changing directory to that folder and using readlink -f ? ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sekhar419
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing path in many files

I have many html files in a directory tree and want to change the a path declaration within the files. Files will look as below I want to remove "geopdf/" so I get as example href=../../../geo1937/geo02n01/geo0201r00010016.pdf rather than keeping the entry as ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kristinu
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the Login Path

Hi frnds! i m installing a software named 'Gamit' by using bash. bt i recieved the follwoing error: .. removing any existing Makefiles or archive files from libraries directories /root/Documents/ISP/Gamit_10.4/com/rmfresh: Permission denied. .. removing any existing Makefiles or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Engr. Shoaib
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing the path

Hi , Iam changing the path in weblogic from /opt/user/shared/mydomain to /opt/users/shared/multidomain i have to change the below configuration files by using scripting am using for loop and sed to change the below files. for i in ${b}startWebLogic.sh... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sam1226
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Path a variable to sed that includes a path

Hi I'm trying to select text between two lines, I'm using sed to to this, but I need to pass variables to it. For example start="BEGIN /home/mavkoup/data" end="END" sed -n -e '/${start}/,/${end}/g' doesn't work. I've tried double quotes as well. I think there's a problem with the / in the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mavkoup
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Appending a path in user's PATH variable

Hello Folks, I want to append a path in user's PATH variable which should be available in current session. Background Numerous persons will run a utility. Aim is to add the absolute path of the utility the first time it runs so that next runs have the PATH in env & users can directly run... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

one liner to extract path from PATH variable

Hi, Could anyone help me in writing a single line code by either using (sed, awk, perl or whatever) to extract a specific path from the PATH environment variable? for eg: suppose the PATH is being set as follows PATH=/usr/bin/:/usr/local/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin/java:/usr/bin/perl3.4 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

remove a path from PATH environment variable

Hi I need a script which will remove a path from PATH environment variable. For example $echo PATH /usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:test/rmve:/usr/games $echo rmv test/rmve Here I need a shell script which will remove rmv path (test/rmve) from PATH... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: madhu84
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Executing Commands From Non-Standard Path (Changing user's PATH secretely???)

Hi: I have a requirement as below: I have some standard Unix commands modified and kept them in a directory say /usr/clsh/bin. For example I have a script named "ls" kept here which is modified version of "ls" (say it always gives long listing i.e. ls -l). When any user logs on and types... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramesh_samane
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to change prompt color when changing path

Hi all, Can you tell me how to change the prompt color (only the path part) when I chnange directory with "cd"? I use the sequence below in ".bashrc" (Solaris 8) to change my prompt colors and I'd like to modify it to change the path color when I cange directory. PSC() { echo -ne "\"; }... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: majormark
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question