SCO 5.0.5 and Toshiba eStudio

Operating Systems SCO SCO 5.0.5 and Toshiba eStudio
# 1  
Old 07-03-2007
Question SCO 5.0.5 and Toshiba eStudio

Hi there guys and gals.

I have me a near new Toshiba eStudio 2500c.

I am having problems however.

i cannot print landscape? portrait comes out fine.

I have followed the Instructions on install to the letter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Printcap file
Toshibal:\
:lp=:rm=Toshibal:rp=Land:sd=/usr/spool/lpd/Toshiba:

when i print i try the following

lp -dToshibal -o LANDSCAPE /etc/printcap
lp -o LANDSCAPE -dToshibal /etc/printcap
lp -dToshibal -o landscape /etc/printcap
lp -dToshibal -ol /etc/printcap

none of these work?

Is there any way to select the raw Queue Name from a printer? similar to a hp directjet lpd/lpr port. cause if i can do that then i can force the queues on the unit to print on a select orientation.
# 2  
Old 07-06-2007
Does the contents of /etc/printcap show two different print destinations?
It would seem that:
lp -dtoshibal file
would be enough.
If the printer has two print queues, one for portrait and one for landscape, then set up two lpr/lpd printers in SCO using the same IP address and different printer names.
You can also ftp to the printer and run an ls command to find out the directories (queues) that are available.
If that doesn't work, and the printer supports PCL then you could add the escape sequences to the beginning of the print file.
# 3  
Old 07-06-2007
thanks. jgt. where does one setup lpr/lpd printers. i will google/read my sco manual but if you know any pointers that would be good.
# 4  
Old 07-06-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by togashiando
thanks. jgt. where does one setup lpr/lpd printers. i will google/read my sco manual but if you know any pointers that would be good.
should have added we are using lp to print. the unit does support pcl but what are the escape sequences?
# 5  
Old 07-06-2007
ok i have tried this
Quote:
If the printer has two print queues, one for portrait and one for landscape, then set up two lpr/lpd printers in SCO using the same IP address and different printer names.
no new results the printer specified to be the landscape printer still prints in portrait.

which part of the setup refers to the printers lpr queue name?
# 6  
Old 07-06-2007
i have tried setting in the interface file the lpr port to be the LPR queue name on the printer "Toshibal", but to no avail.

i am happy to set this up from scrath if needs be,
# 7  
Old 07-06-2007
Go to scoadmin->printers->printer manager->printer->add remote->unix
Enter the IP address, or name from /etc/hosts for the host name
Enter queue name for the printer name.
Un-mark "Use extended remote printing...."
The lp destination name will be the printer name from above.
Use the following script to create a file to prefix to your print file:

echo "\033E\c" #reset
echo "\033&k2G\c" #turn carriage return on
echo "\033&l1O\c" #landscape mode
echo "\033&l5.45C\c" #66 lines per page
echo "\033(s15H" #13 characters per inch

This should allow you to print a standard 15x11 computer printout on 11x81/2 paper.
In lines three and four of the script the letter after the ampersand is an ell
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

How is the after sales Service of HP,Dell & Toshiba in India?

Since i was planning to buy a laptop i was just wondering how Problematic these brands products are and how is the after sales service & warranty issues in India(Delhi). (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Leyvanom
1 Replies

2. Ubuntu

Toshiba Laptop Won't Run Bluetooth with Ubuntu

I am running Ubuntu 8.1 on a Toshiba Satellite P105-S9337 with built-in Bluetooth hardware. I cannot get the Bluetooth hardware to work with my Microsoft Bluetooth mouse. I have installed the tosh software with no luck. Does anyone have an idea as to what to try. I have several kernel mods... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjloeb
0 Replies

3. Solaris

can't install solaris 10 on toshiba laptop

i had a toshiba laptop ( satellite L20 - 100) and i'm trying to install solaris 10 ...but it doesn't complete the setup from the very first begining it gives me this msg: unable to reset device //pci@0,0/pci1179,ff31@1d,2 can anybody help me installing solaris on the pc??? also can the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: slimydoom
2 Replies

4. Ubuntu

Help in installing UBuntu 7.10 in Toshiba Tecra A8(Vista business)

Hi, I recently bought a Toshiba Tecra A8 laptop with preinstalled Vista Business license. I would like to install UBuntu 7.10 as another OS. However, I have some doubts:- i) I am not sure whether do the above model supports Linux/Ubuntu in terms of compatibility. So far, I googled and knew... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ahjiefreak
1 Replies

5. SuSE

Touchpad not working - SuSE 8.2 - Toshiba Satellite A30

Hi all, I have a bit of an inexplicable problem.... Up until today, on my Toshiba Satellite A30 Laptop running SuSE 8.2 Professional, I had a dual mouse (USB Mouse / Touchpad) configuration in X and everything was running fine. I booted the laptop today, and for some reason unbeknownst to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: zazzybob
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Toshiba laptop

I am trying to install mandrake 8.0 on my Satellite Pro 4600. I have got it installed but I am having problems with X windows. The laptop has a trident cyber blade video card I have it set to 1024x768 resolution Basically everytime I start x it appears in the upper right to middle of the screen... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gennaro
6 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question