changing mouse speed

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers changing mouse speed
# 1  
Old 02-28-2004
changing mouse speed

Hi, i have had Red Hat 9 installed for about 30minutes now, i'm quite liking it but my mouse seems very slow. Is it possible somehow to change the speed of the mouse?

I have tried going to the main menu > System Setings > Mouse. but all i get is the option to change the type of mouse and not the settings related to the mouse i have.

thanks for any help..
john

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Keyboard vs mouse

Which Input device do you use the most ? for me... keyboard ofcourse !! (56 Replies)
Discussion started by: vpraveen84
56 Replies

2. Linux

changing speed of NIC Card in linux

Hi, I would like to know how to change the speed of ethernet card in linux? as it is showing auto-neg using mii-tool -v eth0 and my requirement is 100mbps full duplex. Regards, Manoj (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

data from blktrace: read speed V.S. write speed

I analysed disk performance with blktrace and get some data: read: 8,3 4 2141 2.882115217 3342 Q R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2142 2.882116411 3342 G R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2144 2.882117647 3342 I R 195732187 + 32 8,3 4 2145 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: W.C.C
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing middle mouse button for pasting to right mouse button in cygwin rxvt

Hi, I'm using rxvt in Cygwin and I'm wondering how to change my mouse bindings from the middle button for pasting to the right button. The main reason why I want to do this is because my laptop doesn't have a middle mouse button. Thanks for any help! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sayeo
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing userID and Changing group and GID

Hello, I want to write a ksh script about changing UID and changing group with GID. There are multiple servers i want to perform that job. linux1 linux2 linux3 linux4 linux5 ...... . . . . . 1.) How can i enter "password" in script rather asking me? I was trying this... ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal732
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Changing the mouse pointer size in CDE

Hi Frnds, Can anybody of you suggest me hw to change the mouse pointer size in CDE..?? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sriram.s
0 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Building a better mouse trap, or How many lines of code does it take to trap a mouse?

Hello all, I'm hoping to get a little insight from some of the wily veterans amongst you. I've written a script to check for new outgoing files to our vendors located on our ssl server. It seems to be working ok, but the final question here, will be one of logic, and/or a better way to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mph
4 Replies

8. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

dmidecode, RAM speed = "Current Speed: Unknown"

Hello, I have a Supermicro server with a P4SCI mother board running Debian Sarge 3.1. This is the "dmidecode" output related to RAM info: RAM speed information is incomplete.. "Current Speed: Unknown", is there anyway/soft to get the speed of installed RAM modules? thanks!! Regards :)... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Santi
0 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Mouse settings

How do I change the mouse pointer speed settings in Unix. I know in Windows there is the option to change the pointer speed. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chyzm
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
install_mouse(3alleg4)						  Allegro manual					    install_mouse(3alleg4)

NAME
install_mouse - Installs the Allegro mouse handler. SYNOPSIS
#include <allegro.h> int install_mouse(); DESCRIPTION
Installs the Allegro mouse handler. You must do this before using any other mouse functions. RETURN VALUE
Returns -1 on failure, zero if the mouse handler is already installed (in which case this function does nothing) and the number of buttons on the mouse if the mouse handler has successfully been installed (ie. this is the first time a handler is installed or you have removed the previous one). Note that the number of mouse buttons returned by this function is more an indication than a physical reality. With most devices there is no way of telling how many buttons there are, and any user can override the number of mouse buttons returned by this function with a custom configuration file and the variable num_buttons. Even if this value is overridden by the user, the global mouse variables will still report whatever the hardware is sending. SEE ALSO
remove_mouse(3alleg4), poll_mouse(3alleg4), mouse_x(3alleg4), show_mouse(3alleg4), get_mouse_mickeys(3alleg4), position_mouse(3alleg4), set_mouse_range(3alleg4), set_mouse_speed(3alleg4) Allegro version 4.4.2 install_mouse(3alleg4)