How to display two dimensional array in UNIX

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to display two dimensional array in UNIX
# 1  
Old 11-12-2009
CPU & Memory How to display two dimensional array in UNIX

Hi all,

Please help me out how to read and display two dimensional array elements in unix.

EX: 1 2
3 4
# 2  
Old 11-12-2009
I don't think there are shells that provide 2-dimensional arrays. They can only be simulated using methods of encoding...
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assign Two Dimensional Array In Bash At Once

Hi, I have a 10*10 two dimensional array. How do I assign value to all it's 100 elements at once? I don't want to open two for loops and assign one by one. Thanks, Shuri (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shurimano
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Multi Dimensional array

I have an array of names. Each one of the name, has a number represented to it. For example A has an ID 8, B has an ID 2. What I am after is a for loop that when the array is in position 1, a particular variable is set to the value of position 1 in array 2 declare -a arr=("A" "B" "C"... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: nms
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Storing two dimensional array for postprocessing

Hi Community, Would love to get some quick help on below requirement. I am trying to process mpstat output from multiple blades of my server I would like to assign this the output to an array and then use it for post processing. How can I use a two dimensional array and assign these value ... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: sshark
23 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Store in a 2 dimensional array - Perl

Hey guyz. Here is my sample input file following by first part of my code: * A B C D E reg1 1 0 1 1 0 reg2 0 1 0 0 1 reg3 1 0 0 1 0 reg4 0 0 1 0 1 reg5 1 1 0 0 1 use strict; use warnings; open (IN, "test_input.txt") or die ("Can't open file.txt: $!\n"); my $line = <IN>; ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: @man
2 Replies

5. Programming

Return two dimensional array in c++

I am writing matrix multiplication and trying to return a two dimensional array from a function but I keep getting errors. Can someone please help me? here is my code (it is just the skeleton of my program): void main () { ... int *matmultiply (int, int, int, int , int , int ) ... } ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: saboture88
4 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help: stdin to multi-dimensional array

I cant get out of this while loop at the beginning of my program. Just reading from stdin one char at a time and storing it into a multi-array. Need to fix it with in two hours. #include <sys/wait.h> #include <stdio.h> #include <stdlib.h> #include <sys/types.h> #include <unistd.h> #include... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: unt_engn
1 Replies

7. Programming

C++ Display months of year in a double dimensional array

stupid question (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: puttster
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

PHP: Search Multi-Dimensional(nested) array and export values of currenly worked on array.

Hi All, I'm writing a nagios check that will see if our ldap servers are in sync... I got the status data into a nested array, I would like to search key of each array and if "OK" is NOT present, echo other key=>values in the current array to a variable so...eg...let take the single array... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zeekblack
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

2 dimensional array in unix

I am trying to implementing two dimensinal array in ksh script.Would you pls help me out. I have a large size of file, File contains looks like ID SID VLAUE1 VALUE2 TOTALVALUE 1 a1 01 02 03 1 b1 02 05 07 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pritish.sas
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help for record (2 dimensional array.)

I am going to develop a address book using the shell scripting commands without sed, awk, .... I am thinking to apply the concept of 2 dimenstional array. Can I create a two dimensional array for the insertion/updation/deletion of record in unix. If yes then tell me plz or recommend me some... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: murtaza
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question