Using ftp in linux

Operating Systems Linux Using ftp in linux
# 1  
Old 05-08-2008
Using ftp in linux

Hello everyone,

I am very new to linux environment,

I would like someone to help me with the ftp usage in linux.

Thanx in advance

Sundeep
# 2  
Old 05-08-2008
Exactly, what aspect are looking for?
Setup?
Install?
Preference?
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX and Linux Applications

Linux Ftp Server

Hi Anyone out there know how to change the linux ftp server message. ftp> bye 221-You have transferred 0 bytes in 0 files. 221-Total traffic for this session was 197 bytes in 0 transfers. 221-Thank you for using the FTP service on kgsainss103. 221 Goodbye. the end message Goodbye. to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netxus
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

ascii FTP from Linux to Linux adding carriage returns

Hi, I've got an issue with a shell script that FTP's a file from one Linux server to another Linux server. My script runs on a Linux server and creates an output file (from a database call), and then FTP's this file to another Linux server. The problem is that, even though the output file... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roysterdoyster
0 Replies

3. Linux

Cannot ftp from VMS to Linux

Hi I'm using a Linux machine (CENTOS 5) to ftp a file from a VMS Alpha box (i hardly know anything about these machines). All seems to be working upto the point where it states the transfer has started but it just hangs... ftp> get SPOOL.28 local: SPOOL.28 remote: SPOOL.28 200 Port 228.87... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rizla65
2 Replies

4. Linux

ftp problem in linux

Hello,all I want set ftp access for specific user. The user can only access specific directory and cannot access upper level directory. For example: I have /home/vhosts/likke.com I like a user to access likke.com but not vhosts. How can I implement this ? Thanks a lot! (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xli3
1 Replies

5. Linux

which FTP for Linux?

I'd like to find some FTP software for Linux! Can someone suggests me some? thx (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: diamond
3 Replies

6. Linux

Accessing FTP on Linux

Hi, I've setup an FTP server on my linux box (RH 9.0). I've configured so the vsftpd daemon is running in runlevel 5, etc. However, I have difficulty logging-on, as it will not authenticate any valid user (inlcuding anoymous). Everything seems ok in the /etc/vsftpd/vsftp.d.conf and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Breen
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP on Redhat Linux 9

Anyone know how to get FTP up and running on a fresh install of RedHat Linux 9? Thanx, Aaron (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Spetnik
2 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

setting up FTP on Linux/Unix

Hi, I do not currently have any versions of Unix or linux, but I am considering getting one. I have a home computer and I want to set it up with a linux with a GUI (I know nothing about that whol command line prompt),and I want to allow my friends to access certain files on my hard drive using... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: KrazyGuyPaul
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP is not working after installing Linux 7.3

hi all, After installing Linux 7.3, when I wasn't be able to FTP to this machine from another machine; however, I do get the reply back when I ping this machine. All I want is able to transfer file on my local machine to this server using FTP comand and it's not working. Could someone please... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lapnguyen
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Linux ftp server

I have taken an old Pentium-75 Compaq with 32Mb memory, formatted the hard drive, and loaded Redhat 5.2 on it. All I really want is an ftp server to allow vendors to download files from it as they need them. I was told that these old pentiums with little memory would work well with Linux. The ftp... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kwalter
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question