2007 timezone patches...

Operating Systems Solaris 2007 timezone patches...
# 1  
Old 01-25-2007
2007 timezone patches...

could sun make this more complex?

http://sunsolve.sun.com/search/docum...=1-26-102775-1

I think I need a 2nd cup to identify what patches I need to address the 2007 timezone changes...
manny
# 2  
Old 01-25-2007
Jeeze, it's not all that bad. Just apply the most current patches for your os

SPARC Platform

* Solaris 8 - 109809 - 108993
* Solaris 9 - 113225 - 112874
* Solaris 10 - 122032 - 119689

x86 Platform

* Solaris 8 - 109810 - 108994
* Solaris 9 - 116545 - 114432
* Solaris 10 - 122033 - 121208

That'll take care of everything except the Bahamas. Keep an eye on the page and when they update the first column, the Bahamas will be correct.

It's not Sun's fault Australia, Canada, the US and the Bahamas are doing some time zone dance.

Australia's changing theirs for a week because of an event
Canada's bringing their timezones in line with the US, just one more step to becoming the United States of North America Smilie
The US's energy policy (*hah*) to change the hours.
The Bahama's also coming into line with the US.

The problem is the changes complicate the time zone file even more since the time routines have to return correct values for this time range or even the one week the Australians kicked.

I have AIX, Red Hat, SuSE, and HP-UX boxes to take into account and the poor guy admining SunOS 2.6 and 7 will need to manually change the times four times a year until the customer decides it's time to upgrade the servers.

Carl
# 3  
Old 01-25-2007
And heck, let's not forget Java. Those need to be upgraded as well. Most of my servers have Java but most are at some horribly low level. 1.2 mainly. I have to coordinate with the apps guys to upgrade those and we only have maintenance windows every two weeks for three hours at 3am on Sunday.

I have all my current servers patches WRT DST and libc. I have one non-production server to go and then the Java stuff.

I wrote a tztest script that runs on all my platforms and returns the server condition. Still getting a Linux bug worked out.

Carl
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

List of Installed patches for AIX from given set of patches

I need to find out list of installed patches from given list of patches. I have tried using instfix -f <File containing list of patches> -i -c But I was not able to understand the output of this command. It was like below. bos.perf.tools: :0.0.0.0:?: bos.rte.libc: :0.0.0.0:?: ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Saurabh Agrawal
4 Replies

2. Solaris

TIMEZONE problem..

hii there... can you guys help me with TIMEZONE setting on my solaris box i tried to edit cat /etc/TIMEZONE..but i think it will work after rebooting, but something i did which took me to GMT my problem is i have this issue on a server, and i have to fix this without rebooting. thanks for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: 6pound
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Timezone not changed.

Hi All, While installing Red Hat Linux, I tried changing the timezone to Japan for testing.But the timezone was not set to Japan. I tried other timezones , but they didn't work as well. I am guessing the problem might be due to some missing rpm.Does anyone has any idea or faced a similar... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nua7
1 Replies

4. Solaris

US timezone changes Mar 2007

Hi As per Suns guide, I have installed the 2 patches that are required to prepare for the US DST change. The first patch updates the zoneinfo database in /usr/share/lib/zoneinfo and I can test that the patch has worked by running the following command zdump -v US/Eastern | grep 2007 The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: hcclnoodles
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Timezone

HI ; I got Solaris8 installed oon Sunfire V440 .I have TZ=GMT in /etc/TIMEZONE , but when i log in as root i see the date in GMT+1. So i have every time to "set TZ=GMT ; export $TZ" . How can i set the TZ=GMT at the startup defenitely. Thanks :) (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: oss
7 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Timezone Problems

Hi all, i have running an hp-ux a-class server with hp-ux 11.00. All users without root are using the wrong timezone. root is using METDST, all others are using EDT. I have checked /etc/profile /etc/TIMEZONE /etc/ntp.conf and the .profiles from the users. But there is no failure... Is... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

timezone

Hi, i am searching to change the timezone on a HP-UX11 system. Since last weekend the summertime started i am not able to change the time to the new time, every day the time changes back to wintertime. I think the problem is that the server is on the wrong timezone. Can someone help me please?... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eddyvdv
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Timezone

Hi, I got an question about changing timezone thrue command line on a SunOS Release 4.1.2 without restarting the computer. Now it's set on WET and I want to set the timezone to CET (GMT +1) Plz somebody help me. Regards Novisern:confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Novisern
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Timezone

Hello again, under hp-ux i have a file /etc/TIMEZONE. here is definied which timezone i am. i dont know who reads this file to set after reading the timezone under /usr/lib/tztab. my 2 questions, who reads the file /etc/TIMEZONE ( which service ) and do i need in the first line to set my... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ortsvorsteher
6 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question