about inode

Operating Systems Solaris about inode
# 1  
Old 01-04-2008
about inode

how can i see inode table information of a perticler inode.anybody knows pls tell me.
Than.Q
# 2  
Old 01-05-2008
Hi Friend, Smilie

To check idone free of file system to use following command

df -oi /filesystem

Thanks
Pravin Landge
# 3  
Old 01-05-2008
I think the OP wants to display the info for one inode, not the number of free/used inodes in a filesystem. ls can display all of the inode info that a user really needs to know.
# 4  
Old 01-07-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by pravinlandge
Hi Friend, Smilie

To check idone free of file system to use following command

df -oi /filesystem

Thanks
Pravin Landge
hai
thanks for ur replay. But i dont want to see the free inodes information. i what to see entire inode table information(Metadata).
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Inode usage

Environment: O.S Version HP-UX B.11.31 U ia64 What is the recommended Inode free nodes? On our server Unix Sys Admin, have setup warning email alert when % of I-node usage is above or equal at 5%. Sample Email: --------------------------------------------------- Subject: WARNING:... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siva SQL
6 Replies

2. Solaris

inode in solaris

Dear, How can i check inode information in my Solaris box? With Regards, Mjoshi (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mjoshi87
4 Replies

3. Solaris

Inode Usage

Inode usage on one of my servers is up to 85% Whats the best way of finding which directories are storing loads of files? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: JayC89
1 Replies

4. Homework & Coursework Questions

free inode

usually there are no free inode whose number is less than remembered inode but exception are there..tell me those exception (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pk_mal
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

inode filename

can someone please tell me why is the filename not inlcuded in the inode of the file? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wowman
2 Replies

6. AIX

FS inode 58%

Hi Guys, I have this filesystem got big with inode: /dev/hd4 3670016 183664 95% 63705 58% /var I don't know why the system doesn't give alerts on this FS although it's 95% and why the inode is 58%. Any comments will be highly appreciated. Thanks, itik (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: itik
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

incore inode

Dear Friend , what is incore inode ? and what is difference between incore inode and inode ????? sanjay (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjaygoyan
1 Replies

8. Red Hat

inode no and fd path

hi, can anyone please tell me where i can extract inode numbers and path associated with all file descriptors. i want these informations only. is there any system call or functions to get these things? i hav a RHEL 4. also /proc/pid/fd shows some file descriptor list. is that the proper path to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sanjaykhuntia
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

INode

hi i am nitin... jus a new kid on the block... my query is... does the concept of region invovle sharin of inodes wen the sticky it is set... eg... if two process share two text regions... wat actually happens thank u (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nitinsharma_ssn
1 Replies

10. Solaris

inode = which block

hiho, i would like to show my apprentices the auto-defrag/perform mechanism from UFS. new FS, creating new directories, each directory get its own cylinder on the disk. hmm.... they want proofs..... *embarrassing* i couldn't remember how to look on which block the inode is linked.... so,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question