how to get the milli seconds from date in sun unix

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to get the milli seconds from date in sun unix
# 1  
Old 03-28-2005

hi all
how do we get the milli seconds in sun unix?

i am using
date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S
to get the unique id and create the file based on this.

but the problem is that if process to load the table takes only less than 1 sec i am getting errror on my table which have the primary key.

how do i get the milli seconds portion of the date in sun unix. i need to use this shell program.

I NEED THIS WITHIN THE SHELL SCRIPT ITSELF. Atleast that is what I am looking for.

any help is greatly appreciated.

thanks
# 2  
Old 03-28-2005
According to our rules:
(4) Do not 'bump up' questions if they are not answered promptly. No duplicate or cross-posting and do not report a post where your goal is to get an answer more quickly.

I will close this thread.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Subtract Seconds from Date Command

Hi, Need to subtract 5 seconds after syncing my Linux server from NTP like; #ntpdate time.myorg.int. This script will only run once in each morning at 9 AM. Please help me. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: refra
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regex match date and seconds format

Hi $ awk '{print $1," ",$4}' access.log | sort | uniq -c| sort -nr | head -n20 62 192.168.10.6 How can get the result like 62, 192.168.10.6, 14:40 62, 192.168.10.32, 47:57 I tried modifying - $ awk '{print $1," ",$4}' access.log | sort | uniq -c| sort -nr | head -n20 | awk... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ashokvpp
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Change the seconds value in date column

Hello, I have a file with below contents and need to set seconds value to 00 (as you can see few time stamps are with 01 seconds) 18:16:00 8192 7301 89 11 18:21:00 8192 7305 89 11 18:26:00 8192 7306 89 11 18:31:00 8192 7306 ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: reddyr
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting date in seconds with decimals

I am trying to get date to display decimal Desired output 1350386096256.12 I know this can be done with printf, but are not able to make it work. I have tested this and many otherprintf "%.2f" $(($(date +%s%N)/1000000)) (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jotne
8 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Date format in micro seconds

Can i get date format in micro seconds in unix example 2012-01-27- 12.22.04.568722 Any help is appreciable (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: srichunduru
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Current system date in terms of seconds

Hello Friends, I've been struggling with extreme nagios passive service checks. In order to trigger a nagios passive service im going to write an easy shell script like below and will run it in crontab. As im working on Solaris 10 servers i used "S" instead of lowercase "s" below #!/bin/sh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: EAGL€
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Converting past date to seconds

Need a little help developing a ksh script. Have read through Perderabo's datecalc routine and it does not seem to fit the function I am looking for. Basically what I am trying to do is find any file (in a specific directory) that was created within the last five minutes. I am not a programming... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: synergy_texas
3 Replies

8. HP-UX

a simple way of converting a date in seconds to normal date

Hi all! I'm working on a HPUX system, and I was wondering if there is a simple way to convert a date from seconds (since 1970) to a normal date. Thanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: travian
2 Replies

9. Solaris

hi all how do we get the milli seconds in sun unix? i am using date +%Y%m%d%H%M%S to get the unique id and create the file based on this. but the problem is that if process to load the table takes only less than 1 sec i am getting errror on my table which have the primary key. how... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: r2b
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

file creation date including seconds

Hi, Is anybody can help me to get the file creation date with seconds? -rw-r--r-- 1 opsc system 422550845 Aug 22 15:41 StatData.20020821 Thanks in advance Krishna (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: krishna
7 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question