NRPE Compiling problem with OpenSSL 1.0

Operating Systems Solaris NRPE Compiling problem with OpenSSL 1.0
# 1  
Old 09-28-2011
NRPE Compiling problem with OpenSSL 1.0

I am trying to compile nrpe 2.12 against openssl 1.0 on Solaris 10 however I am getting core dumps for some reason. Anyone know a way to fix this?

Here is the output of make:
Code:
bash-3.00# make all
cd ./src/; make ; cd ..
gcc -g -fPIC -Wall -O2 -I/usr/local/ssl/include -I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -o nrpe nrpe.c utils.c -L/usr/local/ssl/lib  -lssl -lcrypto -lnsl -lsocket
nrpe.c: In function `main':
nrpe.c:97: warning: implicit declaration of function `asprintf'
nrpe.c:211: warning: assignment discards qualifiers from pointer target type
nrpe.c: In function `wait_for_connections':
nrpe.c:701: warning: 'new_sd' might be used uninitialized in this function
collect2: ld terminated with signal 8 [Arithmetic Exception], core dumped
ld: warning: global symbol '_END_' has non-global binding:
        (file /usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.so value=LOCL);
ld: warning: global symbol '_START_' has non-global binding:
        (file /usr/local/ssl/lib/libssl.so value=LOCL);
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `nrpe'
Current working directory /export/home/[EDITED]/nrpe-2.12/src
*** Error code 1
make: Fatal error: Command failed for target `all'

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem of encrypt openssl RC4

Hi Guys sorry about post the code in portuguese but now i fix almost parts of code. now i can encryped and decryped the files but have a small problem. When not writte nathing generate automatically a random cypher but after the value of this cypher not appear igual than variable $saved_key. And... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Xremix30
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Openssl scripting problem

im trying to make sure the openssl password does not show up in the output of ps. so i'm trying to do something like this: MAST=yup echo "U2FsdGVkX19wH9LrQhuRZes45BM9rfiRpdhTCi+gLls=" | openssl <<HERE 2>&1 >/dev/null aes-128-cbc -a -d -salt -k "${MAST}" HERE But this isn't working.. I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
10 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris v Ubuntu using OpenSSL paste problem

Hello, I hope this means something to someone. I have an odd problem that just started happening recently. I am not the system admin, so I don't have full info on any changes to the system lately. Except that I did upgrade OpenSSL to version 1.0.1.c from 1.0.0j. Anyway, I am trying to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jonycp
4 Replies

4. Programming

Library problem - not compiling in c

Ok I was trying to test if I installed correctly gsl, I followed the INSTALL file and still I don't know what is wrong. Here is a sample code to test gel,I got it from Random Number Generator Examples - GNU Scientific Library -- Reference Manual (note: made a few changes in the code) #include... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: joseamck
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

openssl dgst cat header problem

I am trying to run an old script to modify an image file with a modified header to bypass the md5 check but it comes up with an error message. The image file is for use on a Expressgate SSD so that I can add sqx files to it. This is a link from where I got the script:-... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: r1speedyrider
3 Replies

6. HP-UX

Problem in HP-UX compiling

Hi When im trying to do make --version and make --help in HP-UX it throws error Make: Unknown flag argument -. Stop. a soft link is present in this directory /usr/bin/make and hard link is in /usr/ccs/bin/make what could be the reason can any1 ..please tell me how to solve this... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vasanthan
1 Replies

7. Programming

Problem with Compiling C on Tiger

I've downloaded Xcode and i've done : which "gcc" which "ggc-4.0" and which "c99" all were found in /usr/bin/ however with the script #include <stdio.h> main() { printf("hello, world\n"); } and when I, in command line use the command while in my home dir: gcc cprog.c -o cprog (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cleansing_flame
4 Replies

8. Solaris

Compiling problem

I'm trying to install the jed text editor on a SunOS 5.10 box. It depends on the s-lang library, which I installed to ~/lib. I'm trying to install jed to ~/jed (it's a box @ my university, so I don't have rights to install globally), but when I run make I get this error: It looks like it... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iandunn
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

solaris 9 openssl make problem with ld

i've seen a few posts regarding this issue, and i've tried the resolutions, but i keep running into the same problem. i'm trying to compile OpenSSL with the use of rsaref-2.0 (i'm running through this tutorial... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: xyyz
1 Replies

10. Programming

Problem compiling metamail

Hi Guys. I have downloaded metamail from internet e Iīm trying to compile it at a SCO 5.0.5. In this server itīs working fine (letīs name it as mission1) iīm using the developer package in this server (mission1) and when I use mailto, i got the e-mail fine. Itīs forwarding to a exchange server... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahnishimi
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
install-solaris(1M)													       install-solaris(1M)

NAME
install-solaris - install the Solaris operating system SYNOPSIS
install-solaris install-solaris invokes the Solaris Install program. Depending on graphical capability and available memory at the time of invocation, install-solaris invokes either a text-based installer or a graphical installer. The following minimum requirements for physical memory dictate which features are available during installation: For SPARC machines: 128 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 128 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 384 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation For x86 machines: 256 MB Minimum physical memory for all installation types 256 MB Minimum physical memory required for windowing system 512 MB Minimum physical memory required for graphical-based installation In some cases, even if the minimum physical memory is present, available virtual memory after system startup can limit the number of fea- tures available. install-solaris exists only on the Solaris installation media (CD or DVD) and should be invoked only from there. Refer to the for more details. install-solaris allows installation of the operating system onto any standalone system. install-solaris loads the software available on the installation media. Refer to the for disk space requirements. Refer to the for more information on the various menus and selections. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcdrom (Solaris instal- | | |lation media) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability |Evolving | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ pkginfo(1), install(1M), pkgadd(1M), attributes(5) It is advisable to exit install-solaris by means of the exit options in the install-solaris menus. 23 Sep 2005 install-solaris(1M)