Please Welcome Dave Munro to the Moderator Team!

The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Please Welcome Dave Munro to the Moderator Team!
# 1  
Old 10-30-2019
Please Welcome Dave Munro to the Moderator Team!

Dear All,

I am very pleased to announce that Dave Munro (gull04) is joining the Moderation Team, after being a very valuable member of UNIX.com for 15+ years.

Dave is an IT Consultant with 30 years of experience this year, has worked in many of the industry vertical market segments and has experience with a number of the major vendors proprietary Unix versions, these include some of the more obscure ones like NDIX and DYNIX. Interested folks can view his LinkedIn profile here.

Quote:
IT Consultant with 30 years of experience this year, have worked in many of the industry vertical market segments. Have experience of many of the major vendors proprietary Unix versions, these include some of the more obscure ones like NDIX and DYNIX.

Over the past several years I have participated as both a technical lead and project manager in several data centre closures and relocations, including systems under statutory regulation - with responsibility for DR planning and testing of these systems. I have significant experience of stakeholder management and am a capable communicator, with the ability to translate the technologists language into something that the lay person will understand.

I have significant experience in SAN and NAS storage and HA systems, along with virtualization technologies including LPAR, Solaris LDOM, Zone and Container, VSphere, VMWare, XEN and VBox. I also have experience of several RDBMS engines including, Ingres, Postgres, Progress, Oracle and Mysql. I have been a Linux user in its various forms since 1994, with extensive experience of RHEL, Centos and SLES in production environments.

I have good man management skills and consider myself to be a team player, but am capable of working alone and to tight deadlines when required.

I am conversant with the latest Oracle (formerly Sun Microsystems) M and T series servers, along with the OS up to the latest levels. In addition am familiar with the IBM Power 5, 6, 7 and 8 servers and respective operating systems. In addition I have extensive experience of HA systems using various clustering technologies including but not limited to Sun Clustering, VCS, Beowolf and Wolfpack.

Specialties: Large systems performance tuning and data migration, in the utilities market environment. Real Time data capture and analysis in the scientific market sector.

Please join me in welcoming Dave to the code-tagging, editing, overworked and underpaid Moderation team!
These 5 Users Gave Thanks to Neo For This Post:
# 2  
Old 10-30-2019
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Dear All,

I am very pleased to announce that Dave Munro (gull04) is joining the Moderation Team, after being a very valuable member of UNIX.com for 15+ years.
Dave is an IT Consultant with 30 years of experience this year, has worked in many of the industry vertical market segments and has experience with a number of the major vendors proprietary Unix versions, these include some of the more obscure ones like NDIX and DYNIX. Interested folks can view his LinkedIn profile here.
Please join me in welcoming Dave the code-tagging, editing, overworked and underpaid Moderation team!
Thanks a TON Neo for inviting Dave in MODs team Smilie

A warm Welcome Dave in MODs group Smilie Smilie

Thanks,
R. Singh
# 3  
Old 10-30-2019
HAL9000 : Welcome Dave Smilie

Regards
Peasant.
This User Gave Thanks to Peasant For This Post:
# 4  
Old 10-30-2019
You are very welcome Dave.

My congratulations for the confirmation and thanks for your wide and varied help over the years.

Robin
# 5  
Old 10-30-2019
Welcome Dave. A great addition to our team.
# 6  
Old 10-30-2019
Hi Folks,

I'd like to convey my thanks to all of you for this opportunity and hopefully I'll be able to contribute to the team.

Regards

Gull04
These 5 Users Gave Thanks to gull04 For This Post:
# 7  
Old 10-30-2019
Welcome to the team, Dave.. Glad to have you onboard!
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

2 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. What is on Your Mind?

Please Welcome Simon Sweetman (Chubler_XL) to the Moderator Team

Happy Thanksgiving Holidays, Today, I am happy to welcome Simon Sweetman (Chubler_XL) to the Moderation Team to help provide us some important coverage from (Down Under) Australia. Simon is a Senior Analyst Programmer/Developer at Cedar Creek Company in Brisbane, Australia and his LinkedIn... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
7 Replies

2. What is on Your Mind?

Please Welcome Nicki Paul to the Moderator Team!

Dear All, I am very pleased to inform everyone that Nicki Paul (zxmaus) is joining the Moderation Team after a number of years away from the site. Nicki used to be very active here (over 800 posts), and she got busy with travel, work, family and her dogs, and we have missed her. Now she is... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
7 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question