TimeZone changing in Solaris

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users TimeZone changing in Solaris
# 1  
Old 12-17-2002
TimeZone changing in Solaris

I've date back one of my Unix WS ,after that again i want to return to real date,but after running:
# date -u mmddHHMMyy
the clock immediately returns to GMT timezone that is different with my local timezone.
any suggestion could be useful...
tanx
--nikk
# 2  
Old 12-17-2002
The system clock is kept in UTC. When a date is displayed to you it is formatted according to your TZ environment variable. It sounds like you need to reset your TZ environment variable to your value. TZ is often set for each user in the startup scripts for the user's shell. On Sun's a system-wide default is set by the login program based on the the file /etc/default/login.
# 3  
Old 12-18-2002
I found the answer ,my problem was that i used
"date -u ",which returns date to GMT regardless of local setting,we should use "date "without u switch instead of that.

Rgrds,
nikk
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Solaris 11 global zone timezone

Am new on Solaris If I compare with ESXi default timezone is UTC and we have to set BIOS timezone to UTC too . What we follow and best practice in Solaris Sparc servers . Thanks in advance . (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shirishlnx
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Changing only time zone file not the timezone without reboot

Hello all, I just want to update the timezone file with new file to update the time, so the zone in /etc/TIMEZONE will be the same but the file it refers to will be changed, and the local time should be changed, can this take effect without rebooting Solaris 10? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amr.Es
9 Replies

3. Red Hat

Changing java timezone on RHEL 5

Hi all, I faced with some problem when I changing java timezone on RHEL 5. I used tzupdater.jar tool from oracle to update java timezone. But I missed stopping applications before I run tzupdater tool. So some applications working with wrong timezone. I think there's some cached instance of... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: sembii
0 Replies

4. Solaris

[Solved] Question changing timezone rules / zic

Dear, One of our customer which is located in Iraq/Baghdad, has informed us about a official change in daylight saving time in few days later and has asked us to fix this issue. So, the current timezone of that system is set as 'Asia/Baghdad' which is correct. however to fix the issue I went... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Anti_Evil
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Change timezone in Solaris 11

I was trying to change timezone on my new solaris-11 server to US/Pacific, but not successfull. root@tsapp01 # grep TZ /etc/default/init TZ=localtime Can somebody share something on this ? It seems, /etc/TIMEZONE is no longer in use for Solaris 11 (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

6. Solaris

Changing the timezone to GMT+1

Hello everyone, Can you please help me with this problem? I want to change the timezone of my Solaris 10 system. I found on internet that I should do the following steps: 1- Edit the /etc/TIMEZONE file 2- restart the system : init 6 My question is : In the file /etc/TIMEZONE I should... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: adilyos
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

changing timezone

Hi, I would like to change time zone Linux from IST to US/Canada but not getting the option , I have run the command setup -> timezone configuration but not getting the option of us/canada or pacific us/canada. Please suggest. Regards, Manoj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to change Timezone(Solaris)

india 22/11/2009 10:00:00 AM sweden 22/11/2009 01:30:00 PM As mentioned above i will get the datetime string from my customer and i need to change that String into diffrnt timezone as mentioned above. ---------- Post updated at 01:54 AM ---------- Previous update was at 01:01 AM ----------... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vikas482
5 Replies

9. Solaris

changing ip and hostname on solaris

dears does any one know in steps how can i change ip and hostname on solaris (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: murad.jaber
10 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question