PERL DBD make test on Linux failing

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users PERL DBD make test on Linux failing
# 1  
Old 07-16-2015
PERL DBD make test on Linux failing

I am installing Oracle DBD to PERL 5.16.3 and during make test , I am running into this error :
Code:
rm -f blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so
LD_RUN_PATH="/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/racdb11204/lib" gcc -m32  -shared -O2 -L/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector Oracle.o dbdimp.o oci8.o  -o blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so       \
           -L/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/racdb11204/lib/ -lclntsh -ldl -lm -lpthread -lnsl -lirc -lipgo -lsvml -ldl -lm -lpthread        \

/usr/bin/ld: skipping incompatible /opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/racdb11204/lib//libclntsh.so when searching for -lclntsh
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lclntsh
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so] Error 1

any thoughts to how to fix it ?

Thanks

Last edited by rbatte1; 07-16-2015 at 11:52 AM.. Reason: Changed ICODE tags to CODE tags
# 2  
Old 07-16-2015
I see gcc -m32. Is libclntsh.so 64-bit? You'll need to make or install a 32-bit version of it.
# 3  
Old 07-16-2015
gcc is 64-bit .

LD_RUN_PATH="/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/racdb11204/lib" gcc -m32 -shared -O2 -L/usr/local/lib -fstack-protector Oracle.o dbdimp.o oci8.o -o blib/arch/auto/DBD/Oracle/Oracle.so \
-L/opt/oracle/product/11.2.0/racdb11204/lib/ -lclntsh -ldl -lm -lpthread -lnsl -lirc -lipgo -lsvml -ldl -lm -lpthread

how it's taking gcc-32 ? is there a way to modify it ?

libclntsh.so is 64-bit.

Thanks
# 4  
Old 07-16-2015
If you removed the -m32 then you'll create a 64-bit library and link to the 64-bit clntsh. But I'm not familiar with this build. Does it need to be dynamically loaded by a 32-bit program? Probably not.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script test failing

Testing some old script developed by different user. #!/usr/bin/sh case "$0" in */*) cmd="$0";; *) cmd=`which "$0"`;; esac dir=`dirname "$cmd"` node="$dir/." echo $node below two simple tests are failing, I am not seeing any Control+M characters in the script file and I am not able... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: srimitta
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Test file script - if evaluation failing

I have a following script to evaluate if file exist in the directory and then archive it. #!/bin/bash #master directory scriptdir="/flex/sh/interfaces" #change this path only - all other paths are connected with it filedir="/flex/interfaces" #change this path only - all other paths are... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: viallos
3 Replies

3. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

Installing MySql DBD in dtrawberry perl

Hi Guys, I am trying to install DBI and DBD-MYSQL for strawberry perl. But i am not able to install. :wall: DBD-MYSQL >> makefile.pl gives error as 'Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: vasanth.vadalur
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Display which test in the if/else is failing

So I have a script that monitors my drives (/dev/sda and /dev/sdb) using smartctl (smartmontools). I'm by no means an expert in scripting, so this was my attempt at creating a way to email me if one of the values in smartctl output goes above a set threshold. My question is, I'm trying to edit... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bound4h
5 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

make test fails for DBD::Oracle installation

I've already installed the DBI Perl Module with no issues and now I'm attempting to install the DBD::Oracle driver on a Red Hat Enterprise 4 server and am having some trouble. I've checked through the forums and haven't seen anything helpful at this point. Everything goes fine during the perl... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pstrosnyder
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Installing Perl DBI and DBD

Hi, i have some queries on installing the Perl DBI and the DBD Oracle. I know that i have to install the DBI first. I have the source files in a folder in my home directory.The commands to install arecd /home/DBI Perl Makefile.PL make make installI would like to know, after executing these... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: new2ss
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl DBI/DBD Module -in cygwin

Hi all, I am trying to install the DBI module in perl using perl -MCPAN -e shell install 'DBI' --It is installing into the nuild directory properly but when it try to make it is saying NOT OK -I tried to copy the module manually to the /lib/perl5/vendor_perl ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jambesh
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl-DBD-Oracle

I am trying to install perl-DBD-Oracle-1.16-1.2.rpm on Suse (SLE 9), like rpm -Uvh perl-DBD-Oracle-1.16-1.2.rpm but I keep getting the following error message error: Failed dependencies: libclntsh.so.10.1 is needed by perl-DBD-Oracle-1.16-1.2.el4 libnnz10.so is needed by... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

perl module DBD-Oracle

I am trying to install Oracle perl module(DBD-Oracle). MY oracle server runs on solaris 8 while the machine am tring to install DBD-Oracle runs Suse linux 9(SLE 9) Oracle client library including sqlplus are NFS mount on my suse linux machine from my solaris oracle server but when I run make on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hassan1
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question