http://0uigfg.bay.livefilestore.com/...JM/pic%201.bmp

http://0uigfg.bay.livefilestore.com/...2T/pic%202.bmp

link to pic 1:
http://cid-5cc41db273f38846.skydrive...ms/pic%201.bmp

link to pic 2:
http://cid-5cc41db273f38846.skydrive...ms/pic%202.bmp
# 2  
Old 05-12-2010
This is either a network issue or a routing issue on your local host. Run netstat -rn to see if your route table on your local host is set correctly.
# 3  
Old 05-13-2010
what are all the packages you installed in your server? telnet and telnet-server must be there.
what your /etc/xinetd.d/telnet file says
Code:
disable=yes or no

It should be no.
There must be two more files. (ekrb5-telnet and krb5-telnet) Both the files should contain disable=no. Then enable the telnet service thorugh "ntsysv" Restart the xinetd service. Then you can access even with the root privilege. All these things are only for RHEL 5.series

Last edited by kingston; 05-13-2010 at 04:36 AM..
# 4  
Old 05-17-2010
first time :
connect to address 10.0.0.100 : No route to host
beauce the telnet port disable

i enable it ,
but after that Erro is connection ref
connect to address 10.0.0.100 : connection refused

i don't know where the problem

please help me do config this serveces

if U don't find solve for this problem

write me steps to config the telnet serves

with my respect & best wihes

thanks sooooo mach for UR help
# 5  
Old 05-18-2010
login into the server. And give me the output of "rpm -qa |grep -i telnet*" command. And also post the content of the /etc/xinetd.d/telnet file. I hope your network is ok. Can you ping to your server.
Hey, are you trying to login with the root user. If so put pts/1, pts/2, pts/3,pts/4 and pts/5 in the file /etc/securetty. It should be as follows
Code:
[root@ongc ~]# cat /etc/securetty
console
vc/1
vc/2
vc/3
vc/4
vc/5
vc/6
vc/7
vc/8
vc/9
vc/10
vc/11
tty1
tty2
tty3
tty4
tty5
tty6
tty7
tty8
tty9
tty10
tty11
pts/1
pts/2
pts/3
pts/4
pts/5

Regards
Kingston S
# 6  
Old 05-20-2010
MySQL

Check /etc/xinetd.d/telnet file.. Make sure, "disable=No" is set.

restart xinetd services..

Thanks
Parthiban
Lazy System Admin
# 7  
Old 05-20-2010
This may be a stupid question, but as insecure as telnet is, why would you want to use it over ssh?
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

ENTER for modem configuration via telnet

Hiya, I'm trying to write a shell script to enter a bunch of loooooong configuration commands (to set ip, gateway etc.) for a quite outdated modem. It must be accessed via telnet. Here the preliminary code: #!/bin/bash (echo "open 192.168.1.254"; sleep 10 echo "Administrator";... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mrsbellamy
1 Replies

2. Linux

telnet problem

ok, i need to test a list of addresses via telnet and make sure that i get a response like the following: telnet anag.testboalo.com443 Trying 100.100.100.100... Connected to anag.testboalo.com. Escape character is '^]'. The thing is, for each address I telnet to, the telnet hangs in... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Webpage to Telnet via Perl and Expect: Telnet problem?

Somewhat long story: I have a simple Perl CGI script that uses Expect to Telnet to a device and grab some data, and then spits it back to Perl for display on the Webpage. This works for many devices I've tried, but one device just fails, it keeps rejecting the password on this device, only... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jondo
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

telnet problem

Hello everyone, I have got this following script to telnet to other UNIX boxes from one UNIX box and then run a script to count a certain paramater. The following line connects to the other box(es): (sleep 1; echo $username; sleep 1; echo $password ; sleep 1 ; echo y; sleep 1; echo "\r" ; sleep 1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajat
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Telnet Problem

I have a problem where on one unix machine I can telnet all IP addresses in the host file with no connection problem and another machine has recently started to have trouble connecting with the same host IP's on just some IP addresses where it had no trouble before. Have any ideas?? (17 Replies)
Discussion started by: tazzy
17 Replies

6. Solaris

Telnet Problem Help

Dear All I have a Sun280R server when i telnet to this server from my Laptop i got error : Could connect to 192.168.199.10(Server IP):port 23 closed I want to login to the server through its Db25 serial port but i used to connect to it from my laptop through USB to db9 then to Db25 so do... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zanetti321
1 Replies

7. HP-UX

telnet problem, help

Hi, My network layout is: Pub LAN | freeBSD | Internal LAN | + telnet srv on HP-UX 10.x box + other services (http, pop3, smtp, ftp)... I've the following problem: Inside Internal LAN I can connect myself to HP-UX telnet but from Public LAN in some place is refusing me... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: efrenba
5 Replies

8. IP Networking

telnet problem

Hello friends, The problem is that we have one SunOS5.7 server, while attempting telnet to that server following error is occured - ld.so.1: login: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: Too many open files The login on console is possible. The inetd daemon is running. inetd.conf and services... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul72
3 Replies

9. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

telnet problem

Hello friends, The problem is that we have one SunOS5.7 server, while attempting telnet to that server following error is occured - ld.so.1: login: fatal: libc.so.1: open failed: Too many open files The login on console is possible. The inetd daemon is running. inetd.conf and services... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rahul72
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Having problem using Telnet!!!!

Good day to you all, Hope you must doing good..me..oh no I am not..I've trying to log on to my network from home...but it's not letting me...I am trying to use telnet cis.hfcc.net but it's saying "connection to the host cannot to be established"????what is this...any good reason...do I have to... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tahaislam
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question