When MTU changed, system panic occured

Operating Systems HP-UX When MTU changed, system panic occured
# 1  
Old 05-03-2011
When MTU changed, system panic occured

Hello
I have some hpux 11.23/31 systems ,and some other (linux,solaris)
I know if i want change the mtu size ,need use lanadmin.
But:if i try on 11.23 : ifconfig lan1 mtu 8000,system paniced.
If i try on 11.31 :ifconfig lan1 mtu 8000,remove ip address from interface.

Ithink is not a best solution .
a
# 2  
Old 05-03-2011
I doubt that the drivers can handle an mtu of 8000. That's rather large.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. OS X (Apple)

MacOS 10.15.2 Catalina display crash and system panic

MacPro (2013) 12-Core, 64GB RAM (today's crash): panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff7f8b333ad5): userspace watchdog timeout: no successful checkins from com.apple.WindowServer in 120 seconds service: com.apple.logd, total successful checkins since load (318824 seconds ago): 31883, last successful... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script to echo "File permissions or ownership changed from required " when accidentally changed.

Hi All, I have to work in the late nights some times for server maintenance and in a hurry to complete I am accidentally changing ownership or permission of directories :( which have similar names ( /var in root and var of some other directory ).:confused: Can some one suggest me with the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shiek.kaleem
1 Replies

3. Linux

System Went panic after CPU usage high

Hi All, Yesterday my Linux server went panic and even a small command took a lot of time to run. When i monitored pl find the below output Cpu(s): 0.1%us, 98.4%sy, 0.0%ni, 1.5%id, 0.0%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.0%st the time spent on kernel mode is 98 % and also idle time is around 1.5 %...... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

csv file field needs to be changed current system date with awk

HI, I have csv file with records as shown below. 4102,Bangalore,G10,21,08/17/2011 09:28:33:188,99,08/17/2011 09:27:33:881,08/17/2011... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.nsn
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

comm: mysqld Not tainted ... Kernel Panic , System totally unresponsive

Hi, I am experiencing frequent system hangs, hard kernel panics, etc almost thrice a day. The system would be totally unresponsive and the only way is to reboot is hard power recycling (plug out the power cable and plug in back after 30 secs). I enabled kdump, but unfortunately the kdump files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: massoo
3 Replies

6. Solaris

Solaris 10 - Unable to boot the system "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix"

Hi All, I have installed Solaris 10 on my AMD 64 3000+ system. I was playing with grub commands eeprom and bootadm commands. I screwed my boot-file and now am unable to boot the system. Gets error msg as "panic: cannot open /kernel/amd64/unix". I booted the system is filesafe and tried update the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manjunath K V
2 Replies

7. AIX

Disabling saving of system dump while kernel panic

Hi, Is there an option to disable saving of system dump when a user invokes a kernel panic using sysdumpstart command. Also, is there any other way of invoking a kernel panic other than using sysdumpstart? Thanks, Kanna (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kanna_geekworkz
3 Replies

8. Solaris

What is system panic?

Hello experts.. What is system panic? If a system is in that state.. what will happen? Why is it goes to panic condition? Just give me information about Panic condition.. How can i resolve this issue..? If you know any links(URL) or Books...? replay me back.... Thanks in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: younus_syed
5 Replies

9. Solaris

MTU Value

Hi guys, Do anyone know how to change the MTU value on an interface on Solaris 10 server? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shabu
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

System Variable to be changed

All Iam facing the following error in AIX when i try to run an executable. The error is: FUNCTION: DB2 UDB, SQO Memory Management, sqlocshr2, probe:200 CALLED : OS, -, shmat OSERR : EMFILE (24) "The process file table is full." DATA #1 : Memory set handle, PD_TYPE_OSS_MEM_SET_HDL, 20... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question