print: command not found

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers print: command not found
# 1  
Old 08-18-2008
print: command not found

Hi

I have print Apple >> /tmp/temp7.xls as part of my shell script. But when I execute I have the following error. Please help.

RT.sh: line 801: print: command not found
# 2  
Old 08-18-2008
Code:
printf Apple

or
Code:
echo Apple

# 3  
Old 08-18-2008
Thanks..

If Iam using printf, this is what I get

Apple10.2.2.2.3

But I want

Apple
# 4  
Old 08-18-2008
then use echo or printf "Apple\n"
# 5  
Old 08-19-2008
Thanks for your help....
# 6  
Old 08-25-2008
If you do not know where is located a command, just type:
Code:
which + command name

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print line when closest number if found

so i have a code that identifies which value is the closest to a value provided by the user. awk -F"," -v c=${COLUMN} -v t=${USTIME} '{a=$c}END{ asort(a);d=a-t;d=d<0?-d:d;v = a for(i=NR-1;i>=1;i--){ m=a-t;m=m<0?-m:m if(m<d){ ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: SkySmart
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to print the entire line if the mentioned match is found?

Hello Everyone, I have a file with 5 fields in each line just like mentioned below. Also the 4th field is time elapsed(hh:mm:ss) since the process is running xyz abc status 23:00:00 idle abc def status 24:00:00 idle def gji status 27:00:02 idle fgh gty status 00:00:00 idle Here I... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahul2662
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print if found non-desired result

I have a result like this root@server # grep -rl maldet /etc/cron* /etc/cron.d/maldet_daily /etc/cron.d/malcron /etc/cron.d/malcrondaily /etc/cron.d/malcronweekly What I need is, I need an if/else condition such that, if there is any output other than /etc/cron.d/maldet_daily in the... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: anil510
8 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print character after pattern found

Hi Gurus, i need your help to create a script the will print a characters after the pattern was found. Sample lines are below: My birthday:"1977-16-07", My birthday:"1975-16-07" My birthday:"1970-16-07". My patter should be "birthday:", then i want to print the following characters which... (18 Replies)
Discussion started by: scripter123
18 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk to print all lines after a pattern is found

Is there a way with aw to print all lines after a string is found There is a file like this ....... ........ 2012/19/11 :11.58 PM some data lne no date 2012/19/11 :11.59 PM some other data 2012/20/11 :12.00 AM some other data some line without dates some more lines without dates... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: swayam123
8 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print characters till the next space when the pattern is found

i have a file which contains alphanumeric data in every line. what i need is the data after certain pattern. the data after the pattern is not of fixed length so i need the data till the space after the pattern. Input file: bfdkasfbdfg khffkf lkdhfhdf pattern (datarequired data not required)... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gpk_newbie
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

print next word after found pattern

Hi all, I'd like to print the next word after a found pattern. example text: word1 word2 word3 word4 pattern word5 pattern word1 word2 word3 word4 word1 word2 pattern word4 basiclly the word after pattern. Thanks (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: stinkefisch
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print not found in Solaris

Hi, i have these script whether to find a script is running or not echo "Checking if job is running mail.sh" ((numproc=`ps -aef |grep mail.sh | grep -v grep | wc -l`)) print numproc if ((numproc == 0 )) then print "OKAY to start mail.sh" else PAGEDT=`date|cut... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: malickhat
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

print as well as count the files found by find command

I want the output of the find command to be printed and also the total files found by it. Can someone help in this. Obviously $ find . -type f | wc -l will not output the files found but only the count. I want both. There can be millions and trillions of files so dont want the output of find... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: amicon007
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

how can i check in csh if command found or not found ?

hello all im trying to use in sun Solaris the information received from the top command now i several machines that dont have install the top program so when im running the script im geting error saying after im running this code : set MemoryInfo = `top | grep Memory` if (... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question