Get print job information

Operating Systems OS X (Apple) Get print job information
# 1  
Old 05-01-2007
Get print job information

Hi all,
I am on a mac and I am trying to get more information about print jobs i have. "lpq" only displays the document printing, size, and job ID. I need the status (if its on hold or not). Anyway to do that in unix/cups?
# 2  
Old 05-02-2007
For cups, use your browser:
http://localhost:631

I do not know if the "manage jobs" link will provide you with any additional information to what you are already getting, but...
# 3  
Old 05-02-2007
yeah, i am aware of using a browser, but I hoping to get it from unix directly
# 4  
Old 05-03-2007
lpstat -W [completed | not-completed] [-o printername]

will display those jobs that are/aren't completed on all, or specified printer queues.

so:
lpstat -W not-completed -o myprinter

lists all incomplete jobs in the printer queue "myprinter".

Will that work for your purposes?
# 5  
Old 05-03-2007
lpstat -t will list all queues followed by documents in the queues
From what I can tell in my limited test, if the printer is idle but has a job in the queue, then that job is probably on hold?

I'm sure there may be other circumstances under which the printer might be idle with a job in the queue, but...
# 6  
Old 05-03-2007
Also, print jobs on hold (locally at least) appear to have names that start with "d"?

sudo ls -l /private/var/spool/cups/
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

I want a script to view the complete log information of data stage job from UNIX IBM AIX.

Hi, I am working on data stage 8.7 version and I want a script a to view the all log information of the data stage job from UNIX environment. Can you please help me out by give the script. Thanks in advance... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: victory
7 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Some Help to print out information

Need abit of help to print out information. I have something like this Logitech:My store:34.3:23 Altec Lansing:Partner:45.9:20 with : as delimiter and i need an output arranged like this Logitech My Store 34.3 23 Altec Lansing Partner 45.9 20 tried... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ezinele
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl script to print file information - newbie

Hi I have a perl script that prints all the video and audio file information(playing duration). It works fine in one of my friends linux laptop. But it doesn't work in my both windows and linux. My friend told me I have to do install some module ( ppm instal ...... ) but I have no... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srijith
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print file information using ffmpeg in perl

I am trying to print file information using ffmpeg tool in perl Here is my code use strict; use warnings; use IPC::Open3; # example my $filename = $ARGV; my %videoInfo = videoInfo($filename); print "duration: " . $videoInfo{'duration'} . "\n"; print "durationsecs: " .... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: srijith
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print job seperator page

How do I get my linux login ID to print on seperator page on print jobs. Right now it prints " Remote User" thanks Jim (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: jdmowrer
0 Replies

6. AIX

Print job to file

Anyone know of a way to do this? :confused: (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: eley
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Job Completion Information?

Hi, I am trying to get some information on the jobs that are running. I have used the "ps" command, to get information such as 'cpu usage', 'username', 'pid', etc., I've also used the "bjobs" command to get information such as 'submit time' and 'start time'. The only thing I need now is to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: davidfrank
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can I print multiple files in one job?

Does anybody know how I can print multiple files in one print job? This is what I am doing currently: enscript file1 file2 file3 sent to printer sent to printer sent to printer I would like it to print like this: enscript file1 file2 file3 sent to printer The current behavior... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: GregoryPeck
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

FTP a print job that's still in queue?

I have an HP-UX system that has remote print queues created on it. We're having trouble with the data so I stopped the queue from sending its data to the recieving server. I typed "lpstat -o<queue> " and I see two print jobs listed c_91428.1 and c_91429.1 but when I go to the /usr/spool/<queue>... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: HVHS_CJR
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question