# 1  
Old 04-12-2007
changing colore in vi editor

how can i change colore of a command in vi
# 2  
Old 04-12-2007
Code:
:set bg=dark

for example this will change the background colour, take a look here and search for color.

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How can I do this in VI editor?

version info : vi availabe with RHEL 5.4 I have a text file with 10,000 lines. I want to copy lines from 5000th line to 7000th and redirect to a file. Any idea how I can do this? Note: The above scenario is just an example. In my actual requirement, the file has 14 million lines and I want... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
9 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help with vi editor

Hi, In vi editor for search and replace , I used to use :%s/'thing-to-be-searched'/'replace-thing'/. Now i came across this line :%s/^/##hello#/ Can someone help me decipher this line. Thanks in advance. Cheers (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gonchusirsa
1 Replies

3. Programming

Vi editor

What are the commands to go to the beggining of file and end of file in VI editor (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazz
2 Replies

4. Solaris

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :Licen

Epic Editor was not able to obtain a license for your use. Feature Epic Editor :License server is down (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: durgaprasadr13
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

set EDITOR=vi -> default editor not setting for cron tab

Hi All, I am running a script , working very fine on cmd prompt. The problem is that when I open do crontab -e even after setting editor to vi by set EDITOR=vi it does not open a vi editor , rather it do as below..... ///////////////////////////////////////////////////// $ set... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: aarora_98
6 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Pasting text in VI editor from a different editor

Hi, I knw its a silly question, but am a newbie to 'vi' editor. I'm forced to use this, hence kindly help me with this question. How can i paste a chunk 'copied from' a different editor(gedit) in 'vi editor'? As i see, p & P options does work only within 'vi'. (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: harishmitty
10 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Changing userID and Changing group and GID

Hello, I want to write a ksh script about changing UID and changing group with GID. There are multiple servers i want to perform that job. linux1 linux2 linux3 linux4 linux5 ...... . . . . . 1.) How can i enter "password" in script rather asking me? I was trying this... ssh... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: deal732
2 Replies

8. Solaris

vi editor

suppose i have a lines as follows -rw-r----- 1 ora92 orainst 104846848 Jan 15 2005 0001_0000003971.arc -rw-r----- 1 ora92 orainst 104851456 Jan 15 2005 0001_0000003972.arc -rw-r----- 1 ora92 orainst 104852992 Jan 15 2005 0001_0000003973.arc -rw-r----- 1 ora92 orainst... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: diptiman
15 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Changing default editor

Redhat 9 I want to change my default text editor from vi to pico. When I look in the .bash_profile or .bashrc I do not see the EDITOR variable. So how do I change the default permanently? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tony Empire
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Vi Editor

I'm doing a teaching ass't for a basic unix course for a local college and we have given the new students an assignment where they have to code 10 pages of html by hand using the Vi Editor (i know it's cruel) The purpose of this exersize is to get them used to unix and vi commands and how the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: juxtaman
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question