deinstall devices.fcp.disk.array.rte

Operating Systems AIX deinstall devices.fcp.disk.array.rte
# 1  
Old 07-18-2008
deinstall devices.fcp.disk.array.rte

Hello,

I am trying to "deinstall devices.fcp.disk.array.rte" fileset from an AIX5.3 box. Have been unsuccessful so far. "smit remove" threw the below error:
FAILURES
--------
Filesets listed in this section failed pre-deinstall verification
and will not be removed.

Non-Deinstallable Filesets
--------------------------
The following filesets were selected for deinstallation. Deinstallability
checks indicate that they should not be removed from the system.

devices.fcp.disk.array.rte

<< End of Failure Section >>

FILESET STATISTICS
------------------
1 Selected to be deinstalled, of which:
1 FAILED pre-deinstall verification
----
0 Total to be deinstalled

Pre-installation Failure/Warning Summary
----------------------------------------
Name Level Pre-installation Failure/Warning
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
devices.fcp.disk.array.rt Failed pre-deinstallation check

Am I missing something here? I need to get the rdac uninstalled to work with MPIO. But do not seem to run into any sort of luck.. Need help!

Thanks.
# 2  
Old 07-18-2008
You neither gave the information which command exactly you used nor what FC related devices where present at the moment of command execution. Hence I can give just some hints.
First remove all DS4K devices: rmdev -dl everthing with fc* and also dac and dar (that you probably did not do yet) down to the pci slot (-R) where the adapter(s) is/are located. This means that your FC disks won't be visible after uninstall.
Secondly uninstall the fileset together with its corresponding filesets. So command could look like this:
# installp -ug <yourdevicedriver>
You can look into smit.log to find out what command was executed with SMIT.
# 3  
Old 07-18-2008
Bug

Shockneck, Your response gave me the required lead. I had deleted the hdisks but not the dac and dar devices. Deleting the dac and dar devices did the trick.
Thanks!
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Devices.vscsi.disk ?

Hello, When I assigned CDROM from IVM (VIOS) to LPAR and then running cfgmgr i get the following message on the client lpar #cfgmgr cfgmgr: 0514-621 WARNING: The following device packages are required for device support but are not currently installed. devices.vscsi.disk searching... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
0 Replies

2. AIX

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: terrya
3 Replies

3. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED message displayed following disk replacement

Hello, On 4/20/2018, we performed a disk replacement on our IBM 8202 P7 server. After the disk was rebuilt, the SAS Disk Array sissas0 showed a status of degraded. However, the pdisks in the array all show a status of active. We did see a message in errpt. DISK ARRAY PROTECTION SUSPENDED. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: terrya
1 Replies

4. Solaris

./deinstall: Exited from program error

I am wondering if I can get some help here. I am deinstalling Oracle home on solaris. Downloaded deintsall zip file from oracle and then ran ./deinstall -home (Full Path) 10 seconds later I get this: Any idea how to resolve this issue? $ ./deinstall -home... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: newborndba
4 Replies

5. AIX

Deactivating HACMP without deinstall

Looking at the configuration of the cluster from clshowres it seems to be have 3 nodes but one acting as a backup. Version of HACMP is 5.2 Node A --> Node C Node B --> Node C However, looking at the current services running from clshowsrv -a, I can only see clcomd running. clstrmgrES,... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: depam
4 Replies

6. Solaris

WARNING: /pseudo/fcp@0 (fcp0):...at server A70

I have server console, SunOS console 5.10 Generic_120011-14 sun4u sparc SUNW,A70. This server act as console. But at 20 Jully 2010, coming out error message like this : Jul 20 13:07:44 in.routed: discard RIP response; source 10.1.251.2 not on interface ce4 Jul 20 14:06:16 iscsi: NOTICE:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mbah_jiman
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Doubt in AIX and HP-UX disk devices addressing

Hi people, Does anyone know how the AIX form the hdisk addresses ? I mean, if the AIX use the SAN fields like switch id, domain id, port id and etc... After I understand that my next question is: Why the AIX do not change the hdisks addressing if I change the AIX HBAs of the SAN switch and/or... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rapina
1 Replies

8. AIX

how do I change major-minor numbers of disk devices

Good evening ... does anyone of you know how to change major/minor numbers of disk devices ? I had to migrate from raid1 to raid5 and this messed up my ASM cluster - I know which devices should have which IDs to match the content - but I have no idea how to change it. Any help would be... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zxmaus
2 Replies

9. AIX

Need help in uninstalling devices.common.IBM.mpio.rte on 5.3

Hello, I have been trying to uninstall devices.common.IBM.mpio.rte from an aix5.3 box but have not been successful because it shows a whole list of dependant bos & devices packages. I have tried deleting the hdisks, dars and the dacs using rmdev -dl, but it still doesn't work. Any help on... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ronykris
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Disk devices in solaris 10 x86

I'm trying to mirror 2 eide disks on a solaris 10 x86 system. Im trying to use the prtvtoc | fmthard command to mirror the vtoc. How do they represent the entire disk like in solaris 9 (c0t0d0s2 = entire device) 0. c0d0 <DEFAULT cyl 26497 alt 2 hd 16 sec 63> ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BG_JrAdmin
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question