Moving to development

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Moving to development
# 1  
Old 11-13-2009
Power Moving to development

Hey someone tell me how to participate in the development of bsd unix.......

Last edited by prasad1990; 11-13-2009 at 01:57 PM.. Reason: spelling mistake
# 2  
Old 11-13-2009
Is FreeBSD OK?
# 3  
Old 11-13-2009
Which BSD? Open/Net/Free/some else? Kernel, Core, or package development? Do you have a firm grasp of C, including the BSD system calls, and maybe even assembler (and if yes, for which platforms)?
# 4  
Old 11-14-2009
freeBSD have a section "userGroups"

Last edited by mihaylov23; 11-14-2009 at 06:11 AM..

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Help moving site

Hi there. I am completely new to SSH commands. I basically have a website on a shared server (wordpress site). Due to traffic on this site, I need to move it to a dedicated server. I have a free trial on a centOS6 dedicated server, and can access it using Putty and SSH. I can enable... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: CS10
2 Replies

2. Solaris

Moving to RAID1

Is there an easy, safe way to move the system to RAID1 on sparc solaris 10? (without reinstalling). thanks. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: orange47
6 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Moving columns around

This is a mysql night mare that I cant seem to wrap my head around. Any shell based answers is appreciated as I dont know Perl and all I would do would be blindly copy & paste ! FILE CONTENTS - 1389685 INSERT INTO Opera_ShirtCatlog(col1,col2) VALUES (1,'TEST1'),(2,'TEST2'); 1389675 INSERT... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: ManoharMa
10 Replies

4. Red Hat

Moving folders

I'm new at this, so bare with me. I'm looking to move some folders, but keep the tree intact. Example: I have hundreds of folders in one directory (parent directory). In each folder there is a one folder called "source" and about 10 files. I want to move all the "Source" directories... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gnpower
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

not moving !!

Hi I have written the following piece of code to move all files with name *.sh to *.bak the o/p i am getting is *.sh.bak Pls help cat filename | while read line do mv $line $line.sh done filename file conatins file.sh file1.sh file2.sh expected o/p is file.bak (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ultimatix
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Help moving directory

Hi, I need to move directories around due to space issues. For example: cd /home/usr /home/usr TO /usr I am doing this now tar -cvf /home/usr.tar usr This creates huge tar file under /home. I then cd to /usr to extract it. cd /usr tar -xvf /home/usr.tar ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: samnyc
2 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

help in moving

can any one help i have a file with this content file name hsnvalue.op containing HSN=0,tool=123 HSN=0,tool=123 HSN=0,tool=123 HSN=0,tool=123 HSN=0,tool=123 HSN=0,tool=123 i want to print only one value to another file final.out :confused: (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shafique
5 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

moving between vi files

would any one please tell me which keys we used between opened vi files backward and forward Thanks Ayah (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: aya_r
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question