memory increasing

Top Forums Programming memory increasing
# 1  
Old 10-21-2005
memory increasing

On Alpha True64 UNIX platform, we use "ps aux" command to display the process information, it also displays the %MEM,VSZ, RRS field. The question is that which field really indicates the program's memeory is increasing, thanks
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Red Hat

Swap memory usage keeps increasing.

Hi the version is RedHat 6.2 (Oracle DB server) I don't know why swap memory usage keeps increasing... I used to check swap memory usage Free -m and another way. total used free shared buffers cached Mem: 32183 31861 322 ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tom8254
3 Replies

2. Hardware

Increasing the filesystem size

Hi Guys We have a VM machine, now I want to increase the size of the filesystem. We are running RHEL6 O/S. I have filesystem that is 500GB I want to increase that filesystem to 1.5 TB. The guy who manages the VM increased the size on the VM machine, now how do I make sure that the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Phuti
7 Replies

3. AIX

Problem in increasing filesystem

Hi Friends, I have a problem while increasing the fileystem. Actually the filesystem is 256 gb and i have to add another 256 gb.So i got a new lun(hdisk) with 256 gb. I added to the vg using the extendvg command. It was successfully added, and when i checked the free pp's in vg it was showing... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mohamed Thamim
4 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Increasing order

Hi , I have around 1000000 odd lines in a file in random order. The file looks like this: >string102 >string10437183 >string514 >string10435771 >string10437259 >string1049931 >string1342 I want to arrange it in increasing order: >string102 >string514 >string1342... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: qwerty193
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Increasing inodes

Hi , Can someone help me to increase "inode" in solaris 9? Thanks in advance, Gowtham (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: gowthamakanthan
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

var memory usage increasing

Hi all Just a couple days ago my /var/ partition was at 63% now its shot up to 83%. I checked my log file sizes and they same ok # ls -l |more total 38820 -rw-r----- 1 root root 3754 Aug 1 19:26 acpid drwxrwxrwx 2 root root 4096 Aug 24 04:11 admserv -rw------- ... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcraul
28 Replies

7. Solaris

increasing /var

i need to increase the size of my /var filesystem but i have no idea how to do it. Filesystem kbytes used avail capacity Mounted on /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s0 144799 74952 55377 58% / /dev/dsk/c0t3d0s6 342183 201079 106894 66% /usr /proc ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: roguekitton
0 Replies

8. Solaris

Increasing File system

Dear all.... I want to increase the file system /u01 from 5 GB to 8GB. So what would be the command... Thanx in Advance.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rosyblue
1 Replies

9. HP-UX

Help on increasing fs size

Hi Experts, I am not sure whether my question should be in this thread or some other one. I am using HP Tru64 system. Currently one of my filesystem /others is almost full. I need to know the exact commands to increase this filesystem. Please show me how to check for free partitions and add... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingsto88
5 Replies

10. Programming

memory increasing on UNIX

hi, i'm writing a program that is running always... but, i have a problem that memory is increasing.. i want to know whether does stack size inscease or not, when program is running.. i don't know what is the cause stack or heap... i need some help.. :( (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: netfer
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
MEM(4)							     Linux Programmer's Manual							    MEM(4)

NAME
mem, kmem, port - system memory, kernel memory and system ports DESCRIPTION
mem is a character device file that is an image of the main memory of the computer. It may be used, for example, to examine (and even patch) the system. Byte addresses in mem are interpreted as physical memory addresses. References to nonexistent locations cause errors to be returned. Examining and patching is likely to lead to unexpected results when read-only or write-only bits are present. It is typically created by: mknod -m 660 /dev/mem c 1 1 chown root:kmem /dev/mem The file kmem is the same as mem, except that the kernel virtual memory rather than physical memory is accessed. It is typically created by: mknod -m 640 /dev/kmem c 1 2 chown root:kmem /dev/kmem port is similar to mem, but the I/O ports are accessed. It is typically created by: mknod -m 660 /dev/port c 1 4 chown root:mem /dev/port FILES
/dev/mem /dev/kmem /dev/port SEE ALSO
chown(1), mknod(1), ioperm(2) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.53 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. Linux 1992-11-21 MEM(4)