kernel errors

Operating Systems Linux Red Hat kernel errors
# 1  
Old 12-02-2011
kernel errors

Need a help , can anyone please tell what does the following error means
I got this error in the messages

kernel: [135723.725827] php[10284] trap divide error ip:7f1b3737edd10c sp:7fffddeecf5e60 error:0 in newrelic-20090626.so[7f1b3735d000+50000]

Raj
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Linux

Unload kernel module at boot time (Debian Wheezy 7.2, 3.2.0-4-686-pae kernel)

Hi everyone, I am trying to prevent the ehci_hcd kernel module to load at boot time. Here's what I've tried so far: 1) Add the following line to /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf (as suggested here): 2) Blacklisted the module by adding the following string to 3) Tried to blacklist the module... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gacanepa
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

kernel option errors

I typed in sysctl -A | grep na result: error: "Success" reading key "dev.parport.parport0.autoprobe" error: permission denied on key 'net.ipv4.route.flush' what about these errors? (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: daWonderer
9 Replies

3. Solaris

Which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernel parameters values?

Hi gurus Could anybody tell me which file is read by kernel to set its default system kernal parameters values in solaris. Here I am not taking about /etc/system file which is used to load kernal modules or to change any default system kernal parameter value Is it /dev/kmem file or something... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: girish.batra
1 Replies

4. Linux

Supermicro(dual core) server getting rebooted after "decompressing the kernel;booting the kernel" me

supermicro(dual core) server getting rebooted after "decompressing the kernel;booting the kernel" message comes. I tried giving acpi=off to the kernel command line but same problem.It shows everything ok and no problem with memory and processors and power supplies.Wt could be the reason? It has... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pankajd
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Custom kernel compiling, won't boot, and errors.

First of all, I'd like to preface this post by relaying that I have considerable experience with FreeBSD but I'm a Linux newb. I've been attempting to compile linux-2.6.29.3 from source and I'm having some problems and have a few newb questions... a) First of all, my kernel won't boot, it fails... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: urbanriot
0 Replies

6. SuSE

max number of slabs per kernel module (kernel 2.6.17, suse)

Hi All, Is there a max number of slabs that can be used per kernel module? I'm having a tough time finding out that kind of information, but the array 'node_zonelists' (mmzone.h) has a size of 5. I just want to avoid buffer overruns and other bad stuff. Cheers, Brendan (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brendan Kennedy
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Major OS errors/Bash errors help!!!!

Hi all, dummy here.... I have major errors on entering the shell. On login I get: -bash: dircolors: command not found -bash: tr: command not found -bash: fgrep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: grep: command not found -bash: id: command not found -bash: [: =: unary... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: wcmmlynn
12 Replies

8. AIX

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Adapter Errors and Link Errors

$ errpt | more IDENTIFIER TIMESTAMP T C RESOURCE_NAME DESCRIPTION 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi1 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR B8113DD1 0802050205 T H fcs1 LINK ERROR 3074FEB7 0802050205 T H fscsi0 ADAPTER ERROR B8113DD1 ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: mcastill66
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question
TRIGGER_ERROR(3)							 1							  TRIGGER_ERROR(3)

trigger_error - Generates a user-level error/warning/notice message

SYNOPSIS
bool trigger_error (string $error_msg, [int $error_type = E_USER_NOTICE]) DESCRIPTION
Used to trigger a user error condition, it can be used in conjunction with the built-in error handler, or with a user defined function that has been set as the new error handler (set_error_handler(3)). This function is useful when you need to generate a particular response to an exception at runtime. PARAMETERS
o $error_msg - The designated error message for this error. It's limited to 1024 bytes in length. Any additional characters beyond 1024 bytes will be truncated. o $error_type - The designated error type for this error. It only works with the E_USER family of constants, and will default to E_USER_NOTICE. RETURN VALUES
This function returns FALSE if wrong $error_type is specified, TRUE otherwise. EXAMPLES
Example #1 trigger_error(3) example See set_error_handler(3) for a more extensive example. <?php if ($divisor == 0) { trigger_error("Cannot divide by zero", E_USER_ERROR); } ?> NOTES
Warning HTML entities in $error_msg are not escaped. Use htmlentities(3) on the message if the error is to be displayed in a browser. SEE ALSO
error_reporting(3), set_error_handler(3), restore_error_handler(3), The error level constants. PHP Documentation Group TRIGGER_ERROR(3)