PowerHA with 3rd node for communication

Operating Systems AIX PowerHA with 3rd node for communication
# 1  
Old 12-09-2012
PowerHA with 3rd node for communication

Looking to find PowerHA with 3rd node used for communication (voting node) only. Does anyone use such configuration with IBM products?
# 2  
Old 12-10-2012
Here is a tip for better answers: be more or less specific.

Seriously: what exactly do you want to know? And could you please ask it outright, instead asking us about our environments?

bakunin
# 3  
Old 12-12-2012
I am not familiar with the concept of "voting node" in HACMP/PowerHA/SystemMirror.

Are you confusing this with the concept of "quorum buster" for volume groups?

re: 3 nodes. HACMP/PowerHA/SystemMirror has always supported at least 8 nodes (ancient code base). More recent code base supports at least 32 nodes in a cluster.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Upgrading PowerHA from 7.1.0 to 7.1.3

Hi All, As per the IBM upgrade/support matrix IBM Techdocs Technote: PowerHA for AIX Version Compatibility Matrix we can't do online upgrade or rolling migration from powerha v7.1.0 to v7.1.3. on AIX61_TL9_SP4, So we are following the steps as below ... 1 ) Bring down the cluster 2 )... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: linux.amrit
2 Replies

2. AIX

VXVM in POWERHA 6.1

I have created a VxVM disk group in AIX7.1. I have tried to added this VxVM disk group in powerHA 6.1. But in cluster VxVM DGs are not listing. Is there any other procedure to add vxvm diskgroup to hacmp. Please share me steps for adding vxvm diskgroup to hacmp. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
6 Replies

3. AIX

Powerha on AIX 6.1.9

hello ive installed powerha 7.1.3 on two servers aix 6.1.9 6100-09-03-1415 work with dmx4 EMC storgae. after sync cluster ( terminate with OK ) ive see that the repository disk upper only in one machine : hdiskpower60 00c7f6b59fc60d9d caavg_private active... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ariec
1 Replies

4. HP-UX

Mount FIle systems from node-1 onto node-2

Hi, We have HP UX service guard cluster on OS 11.23. Recently 40+ LUNs presented to both nodes by SAN team but I was asked to mount them on only one node. I created required VGs/LVs, created VxFS and mounted all of them and they are working fine. Now client requested those FS on 2nd node as... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: prvnrk
4 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Accessing one UNIX node from another node of the same server

Hi Experts, I am in need of running a script from one node say node 1 via node 2. My scheduling tool dont have access to node2 , so i need to invoke the list file from node1 but the script needs to run from node2. because the server to which i am hitting, is having access only for the node... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: arun1377
5 Replies

6. AIX

PowerHA HACMP on VIOS servers

Few questions regarding Power HA ( previously known as HACMP) and VIOS POWERVM IVM ( IBM Virtualization I/O Server ) Is it possible to create HACMP cluster between two VIOS servers Physical Machine_1 VIOS_SERVER_1 LPAR_1 SHARED_DISK_XX VIOS_SERVER_2 Physical Machine_2 LPAR_2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: filosophizer
6 Replies

7. AIX

PowerHA Disk on VIO Server

Hello AIX GURU's Can anybody tell me the steps to crate shared VG (enhanced concurent) for my Lpars from VIO server? my questions are: 1. Should I crate Enhanced Concurent VG in VIO and map it using virtual Scsi to Lpar? or 2. Can I just create virtual SCSI in VIO and map to Lpar and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Vit0_Corleone
1 Replies

8. Solaris

SVM metaset on 2 node Solaris cluster storage replicated to non-clustered Solaris node

Hi, Is it possible to have a Solaris cluster of 2 nodes at SITE-A using SVM and creating metaset using say 2 LUNs (on SAN). Then replicating these 2 LUNs to remote site SITE-B via storage based replication and then using these LUNs by importing them as a metaset on a server at SITE-B which is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: dn2011
0 Replies

9. AIX

PowerHA - assistant can't find network

I've configured multiple clusters using PowerHA 5.5, but never using the 'Two-node cluster configuration assistant'. I removed all the clusters, clean setup, and gave the assistant a try. I've filled in all the necessary options: Communication Path to Takeover Node Application Server ... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Koen87
11 Replies

10. AIX

strange route issue in powerha 5.4?

hi all we upgraded hacmp(powerha) from 5.2 to 5.4 recently . during the failover testing, we found a strange network issue. after standby node took service ip address (172.15.100.8) online at standby NIC, we were able to log in the standby node by telnet 172.15.100.8 which stays at... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rs6000er
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question