Question about Encryption...

Operating Systems Linux Question about Encryption...
# 1  
Old 05-22-2010
Question about Encryption...

hey guys, how're you all doing??
guys i wanna ask a question about something we can call it encryption!!
i want to encrypt a file by converting it to (hex or octal) then convert another file witch will be the code to hex or octal also, then add them together and convert the result again to words..

file1 - the file i want to encrypt
file2 - the code

Code:
cat ./file1 > ./encrypted_file1 | od
cat ./file2 > ./encrypted_file2 | od

now my problem is how i can sum encrypted_file1 & encrypted_file2 ??
and how i can get them back??

i'll be more than thankful for any help Smilie

Last edited by Scott; 05-23-2010 at 01:10 PM.. Reason: Code tags
# 2  
Old 05-23-2010
you have to decrypt the file ?! then only you have to add.
# 3  
Old 05-23-2010
well i want to encrypt the file by adding the ods together..
then decrypt the file by subtract their ods again..

i mean..
file1 contain : My name
code file contain: secret

now what i want to do.. is to convert file1 to it's hex.
then convert the code file to it's hex also

suppouse file1 will be:
0001 1000 100 101 01
and code file will be:
1111 111 111 11 110

then i want to sum the two outputs.. and whatever the sum is equal convert it to characters

0001 100 100 101 01 +
1111 111 111 11 110
----------------------------------
1112 211 211 211 120 ----> this will be the encrypted
then convert 1112 211 211 211 120 to it's equal in characters

Smilie Smilie
it's kind of complex and maybe either me cant understand myself..

thank you again.... and waiting ur help guys Smilie
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Tape Encryption

Hi guys: I've been trying to find information about how to encrypt a backup to tape (I'm using a couple of simple commands: tar, find | backup), I didn't find a real example of how to do that, just a couple of white papers and information about the methods that use the backup,... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: AixExplorer
5 Replies

2. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Encryption in Linux?

Hi, we have a brand new Centos 6.8 build, and after some discussion it seems that there is some interest in securing the entire system using whole disk encryption. What is/are the best option/s, and is this something that can be done after Centos is installed (like for example PGP WDE in Windows... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: xdawg
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Data Encryption

Using awk or sed command how can i encrypt the characters for a particular column.For every character it should replace the third charter of alphabets.Example replace "A" with "C" and "B" with "D"..like this it should replace for all characters in particular column. Using below command i am able... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: katakamvivek
3 Replies

4. Cybersecurity

File encryption tools with MAC address as an encryption key

Hi all, I'm looking for secure file encryption tools that use MAC address as encryption key. FYI, I'm using Red Hat Enterprise Linux OS. For example: when A wants to send file to B A will encrypt the file with B's computer MAC/IP address as an encryption key This file can only be decrypted... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sergionicosta
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Password encryption

if I change my password on two different servers, using the same string but the encrypted password in /etc/passwd look different. If I copy an entry from one /etc/password to the other server. I can still log in to both servers using the same password. Only now both /etc/passwd entries are... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: C0ppert0p
2 Replies

6. Programming

AES encryption

Hi, Any body can please point me to source code for implementing AES encryption in CTR mode i.e RFC 3686 (AES-CTR).I did googling but no good results. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raom
6 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

File encryption/Key encryption ????

My dilemma, I need to send, deemed confidential, information via e-mail (SMTP). This information is sitting as a file on AIX. Typically I can send this data as a e-mail attachment via what we term a "mail filter" using telnet. I now would like to somehow encrypt the data and send it to a e-mail... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hugow
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

encryption script

I am encrypting and ftping files with kshell from aix and I have a problem with the job not waiting long enough before it ftps the files. when I run the script it sends the files over and each time the file has a different length and cannot be decrypted but if I encrypt and the manually send the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tdavis0418
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

encryption is possible??

NEED expertise help for this topic!!! Question 1: Is encryption possible for the shell scriping programing? shadow the scriping file, do think is impossible... Question2: built a simple program with the simplicity function that allow user change settings by enter corret name and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: trynew
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question