solaris 10 autofs - how to mount /net (hosts)

Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users solaris 10 autofs - how to mount /net (hosts)
# 1  
Old 06-21-2008
Network solaris 10 autofs - how to mount /net (hosts)

Hello Everyone,

I am working with Solaris 10 autofs feature. On the server (and client) in /etc/auto_master I have this entry:

/net -hosts -nosuid,nobrowse

On the server, I have shared out /var/tmp, started the nfs server and issued the shareall command. When I issue share I can see this filesystem shared out.

On the client, I did the automount -v and it says "no mounts and no unmounts". When I ls /net directory, there are no contents.

What other steps do I need to take to be able to see on the client /var/tmp the server is sharing?

I would appreciate your help. Thank you.

Have a great day!

anies
# 2  
Old 06-21-2008
do a:

Code:
cd /net/name_of_nfs_server

or you use the ip instaead of the name if the name isn't resolved in /etc/hosts or via dns...
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Autofs not mount

Hi all, Please help! After my solaris 10 is rebooted, I found my autofs seems not mounting the file systems. I restart autofs service : #svcadm -v restart svc:/system/filesystem/autofs:default Action restart set for svc:/system/filesystem/autofs:default. But still... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Zaiwen Gong
1 Replies

2. Solaris

How to mount a shared LUN between two hosts?

i had bunch of luns from storedge 3310 mounted on a T2000 and being used. Then i added a second T2000 to the storage array but now i cant mount them on either nodes , i do see them in format though. these luns have data on them and they were mounted on one so how do i mount them read/write on... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: aliyesami
5 Replies

3. Red Hat

How to mount NFS using automounter(autofs)?

I have an nfs at 192.168.1.10:/home/vm1/Desktop/nfs and will like to mount locally to /home/vm1/Desktop/nfs-mount using automounter...need help doing do What i did $cat /etc/auto.master /home/vm1/Desktop /etc/auto.nfs $cat /etc/auto.nfs nfs-bind -fstype=nfs ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: nokia3310
3 Replies

4. Solaris

/etc/hosts.allow on Solaris 10

I added some entries in the /etc/hosts.allow on a Solaris 10 system. Do I need to bounce inetd? I have read some accounts where any changes made to the /etc/hosts.allow will be taken in automatically. And other accounts where you need to run: svcadm refresh inetd My... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: snoman1
1 Replies

5. Solaris

[Solaris 10] /etc/hosts.allow

Hi, I am trying to find a Solaris 10 alternative to the HPUX inetd.sec functionality. I want to grant access to one service for one IP address only. # grep fme2eall /etc/services fme2eall 35000/tcp # svcs -a | grep fme2eall online Mar_09 ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ejdv
2 Replies

6. Solaris

AutoFs Config in Solaris 10

Hi, i'm new to Solaris ,i have this task which need to be completedand i couldn't find a way .The peoblem is i have a Server-A and Server-B i need to automount a folder in Server-b to Server-A for permanently .i've found only auto_master and auto_home(in /etc no auto.misc like linux) and what are... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: malickhat
8 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Autofs, doesn't mount anything

Hi, I know that this is probably quite a tiresome issue, but I can't get autofs to work. I'm using udev rules to create symbolic links below /dev, that always point to the same devices regardless of which port they're plugged in. So, autofs's config files look like this for me: ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Gunther
0 Replies

8. Solaris

disabling nfs and autofs in solaris 9

Hi, I want to permanently disable nfs and autofs in solaris 9, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Encrypt traffic between Solaris 8 hosts

I have two Solaris 8 hosts that send data to one another throughout the day. It is a legacy system and the programs used are rdist, rcp and ftp. I have been asked to ensure that the data transferred is encrypted beween the two hosts. My first thought was to replace these commands with ssh.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: blp001
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

how to mount a hotswap scsi drive on a solaris 2.6 netra box using the mount command?

Hi... question is this: How do I mount an LVD hotswap scsi drive in bay #2 on a netra using the mount command? volmgt doesn't seem to mount it and/or I don't know how to view the drives data if it's formatted which it may not be. This drive is not new out of the box so I'm not sure. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: soulshaker
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question