Bootblk

Operating Systems Solaris Bootblk
# 1  
Old 04-05-2011
Bootblk

Hi guys,

Quick question, after i had done Raid 1 mirror via SVM. Do i instal bootblk on my root disk or mirror disk ? I remember i done it on root disk but my colleague said it had to be on the mirror disk. Pls kindly advise.

OS is Solaris 10 11/06

Thanks in advance.
# 2  
Old 04-05-2011
The disk you used to boot from before you created the raid volume already has a boot block. The other one may or may not, depending on the previous usage of the disk.

To be on the safe side, install the boot block on both disks and try to boot from both disks to make sure, everything works as expected.
# 3  
Old 04-15-2011
susheel

ya u have to install boot blk on mirrored volume
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

3 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Bootblk - where do i install it ? s0 or s8 ?

Hi all, I am on Intelx86 platform. I have make my entire disk a Solaris partition. Below are the slice information. partition> p Current partition table (original): Total disk cylinders available: 6524 + 2 (reserved cylinders) Part Tag Flag Cylinders Size ... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: javanoob
20 Replies

2. Solaris

Confirm the location of the bootblk kernel

Dear All i am new to solaris. I am using solaris 5.10 running on my sun blade 150 (sparc). Nowadays i studying about boot process and i am bit confused with the location of the kernel,bootblk. As i found through the internet, The location of the kernel is ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingston
0 Replies

3. Solaris

installing bootblk on Solaris 7

Hi, Assuming I have to recover the Solaris 7 OS and data from tape to a new disk, Im sure we need to installbootblk from single user before we can make the disk bootable. Can I use Solaris 8 or 9 cd or dvd to installbootblk? What can be any alternate matter if I don't hae solaris 7 OS cd? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: incredible
4 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question