JS20 LPAR setup

Operating Systems AIX JS20 LPAR setup
# 1  
Old 01-13-2008
JS20 LPAR setup

Can anyone help with LPAR setup on JS20 .i need to make 3 LPAR on JS20 .what specification do i need like software.

Can any one highlight the step by stpe guide line for setup/install of LPAR on JS20
Regards
Mazil
# 2  
Old 01-14-2008
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazil.baig
Can anyone help with LPAR setup on JS20 .i need to make 3 LPAR on JS20 .what specification do i need like software.

Can any one highlight the step by stpe guide line for setup/install of LPAR on JS20
Regards
Mazil
A JS20 is a blade center not a P series machine so cannot have lpars set up on it. Unless you know better!
# 3  
Old 01-14-2008
LPAR on JS20.............

thanks for the reply....

Can you let me know, There should be one way or the other to setup LPAR on JS20...

I did some research and found out that LPAR is possible on JS20 with VIOS +IVM...

But wanna make sure that this is right and what are the prerequities before installing VIOS+IVM like APV(advance POWE virtualization) enabling feature...etc

Thanks

Mazil
# 4  
Old 01-15-2008
I am not sure how this would be done but I imagine the JS20 can be connected to an HMC and CSM installed on the blade. I have never done this and would ask whether it would be worthwhile! As far as connecting through a VIO server this would be answered by connection through the HMC to which the pair of VIO servers are connected. Virtualisation of things like external disc would be possible.

Try this link but be warned I had a quick scan of it and it seemed relevant
# 5  
Old 01-15-2008
"I did some research and found out that LPAR is possible on JS20 with VIOS +IVM..."

Where did you find this information?

I do not believe the JS20 supports LPAR or IVM, only the JS21 supports this.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

How to differentiate between a standalone LPAR and a VIOC (which again is a lpar)?

There can be configurations in IBM Server wherein a standalone partition is created on some supported IBM Server Or A VIOS - VIOC LPARs created. Now in both cases they are lpars. But if I want to differentiate b/w a standalone LPAR vs an VIOC LPAR how can I do..? On a... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Manish00712
2 Replies

2. AIX

Hostname for each lpar

Hi Gurus, Can a AIX server with 4 LPARs, each having it's own hostname on the same physical host. Is this possible? Thanks, S (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: svajhala
2 Replies

3. AIX

Setup hacmp on lpar with a hmc for home lab

Unix Guys i want to setup a lab in my house for learning, i want to setup and hacmp and a seperate server where i can setup 2 lpars and then cluster those 2 lpars and setup them up for failover what is the cheapest way to achive this. my objective is to learn hmc -> managed server via... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: asyed123
7 Replies

4. AIX

LPAR freezes after switching of storage (lpar is mirrored)

Hi all, I have the following configuration 2 ds3524 storage disk systems located over 2 locations 2 P720 server located over 2 locations DS3524 are connected to san switch. Each vio server has 1 fc adapter attached to a san switch. per p720 server 2 virtual io servers. Vio 1 has 1 lun... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: markiemark
2 Replies

5. AIX

LPAR

I am planning for System P with 2 number of 2-core processor (4 core in total). Can I make 3 LPARS with this processor configuration without the support of micropartitioning, that means with simple LPAR only. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: pchangba
3 Replies

6. AIX

SMS menus are not supported on JS20

Hello, I am new to AIX... I am having this problem trying to re-install AIX 5L 5.2 on a blade (JS20) Then update it to 5.3 This blade now has 5.3 and needs to be re-install But the problem is when I press 1 while it is restarting.... I see the message: SMS menus are not supported on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: mifch
4 Replies

7. AIX

Autostart of LPAR

Hi, I have 2 lpars on my AIX that needs to be started manually after each reboot. Because the servers are storing the NFS and NIS info, other servers won't run correctly until they start up. I found in IBM documentation the steps to make it automatic. My question is, I want to know if... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rahzzbietel
2 Replies

8. AIX

NIM server setup on etherchannel setup environment

I know that IBM's official stance is that NIM does not work on etherchannel environment, but has anyone able to get around it? I'm working on a p5-590 LPAR system, and the NIM master and clients are all on the same frame. Any help is appreciated. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pdtak
1 Replies

9. AIX

LPAR and CFGMGR

I have a P570 that for some reason is not allowing the P1-T6 NIC to be recognized. I have confirmed from the HMC that it is set for the LPAR, but when I do a cfgmgr, it won't recognize it. It though is recognizing the slot cards just fine which are P1-C3 for one shelf and P1-C3 of another shelf.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LegendMan
1 Replies

10. AIX

JS20, pseries and NIM for dummies, a request for mercy

Hello to all, Goal: Efficiently allow for mass deployment of AIX to PSeries hardware. Problems: Numerous, too many to list here. Now for a rather lengthy expansion... Let me just go ahead and say that I am desperately and humbly asking for as much experienced assistance as I can get. If... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: get2work
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question