How to block mails sent using rmail

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to block mails sent using rmail
# 1  
Old 04-18-2007
How to block mails sent using rmail

Hi,

I have a bunch of cron jobs which sends e-mails to many set of users. My scripts invoked by cron jobs use "rmail" for this. I have to make a test run of the cron jobs and I don't want the users to get mail during my test run. I cannot got to each script and modify rmail as I have lots of scripts. Is there any way to temporarily block "rmail" from sending mails?

Or is there anyway to block mail being sent out from a particular id?

Please throw some light on this.

TIA
Vijay
# 2  
Old 04-19-2007
rmail is mail subsystem delivered with emacs. In order to disable it temporarily put the code below into your .emacs file :
Code:
(put 'rmail 'disabled t)		; avoid mbox destruction

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

how to configure the rmail in AIX

dear all please can any one help me how to configure the rmail in my system theres is a mail server between the source server and the destination PC i want to let the AIX send an email to the receiver email address (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: thecobra151
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

can not see mails

Hi, on AIX 6.1, I want to verify my night batch then I issued mail and : > mail /tmp: No space left on device What does it mean ? How can I see my mails ? What shoud I do ? Also : df -k /dev/hd3 131072 125676 5% 46 1% /tmp Thank you. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: big123456
5 Replies

3. SuSE

mails not getting sent ...

Guys I have not much idea on suse or any other linux flavour. This is what i have: cat /etc/issue Welcome to SUSE LINUX Enterprise Server 9 (i586) - Kernel \r (\l). ps -ef |grep postfix |grep -v grep root 18620 1 0 Mar17 ? 00:00:00 /usr/lib/postfix/master postfix ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: ak835
0 Replies

4. Linux

Mails group

Ok, i am using backupPC for backup machines, backuppc can send mail to one person, while i cannot get how to configure many users which seems kind of headache, i want to set a group with a mail so when i send to it it sends to all group members, can i do that using sendmail? again i want a group... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: XP_2600
0 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

aliasing the TO name in Unix mails

HI All, I have a small question/clarification/doubt . Does anyone know how to provide alias in the mails that come from Unix servers. Like i have a Unix server that generates status mails every hour for a scheduled job , it sends me mails with status with the ID in from field as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsandeep_80
3 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

bcc in mails

Hi, how to put some receipients for mail in bcc and some receipients in to. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: prasee
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

undeleiverd mails

Could anyone tell me where the undelivered mails are stored in unix . i m using IBM AIX 3 version. when i give command mail.it shows me all the mail .but where exactly the mails are stored esp undelivered ones (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ali560045
1 Replies

8. AIX

Not able to send mails

Hi, I am not able to send mails to the recipents. I am using AIX 5.3 Version and using the below command. cat test.log|mail -s "TestMail" user1@mail.com Can you please tell me is there any configurations to be done or is the above command wrong? Thanks & Regards Sheshadri (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsheshadri
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

mail server used by mailx/rmail

hi, can someone tell me how to findout the email server/outgoing SMTP used by rmail or mailx program ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: braindrain
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

sneding mails out

Hi all, I am trying to setup a client (on separate network) to send mail via our local SMTP server. I do have responce when I do #telnet mailhost 25 therefore, I can establish connection between the 2. however, when I try to send out testing mail, the following mail is returned in my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: stancwong
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question