domain name problem

Special Forums IP Networking domain name problem
# 1  
Old 10-10-2002
domain name problem

Oct 8 05:01:50 servername sendmail[400]: My unqualified host name (servername) unknown; sleeping for retry
Oct 8 05:02:50 servername sendmail[399]: unable to qualify my own domain name (servername) -- using short name

hi, dmesg catch this error. so what is it about and what shall i rectify about it?
yls177
# 2  
Old 10-11-2002
Fully qualify your hostname in /etc/hosts. Add an alias thus:

[hostname].

The "." at the end of the hostname will fully qualify it.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

Certain domain cannot access

hi there, im beginner in solaris 10. we are using solaris 10 as our DNS server Solaris 10 8/07 s10s_u4wos_12b SPARC Copyright 2007 Sun Microsystems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Use is subject to license terms. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tappetmus
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sendmail virtual domain problem

For a long time we have successfully been running mail servers using sendmail+ClamAV+clamav-milter+SpamAssassin+smf_spamd-milter on Solaris both as a mail server for several domains with local users getting their mail using POP and IMAP and also as a message filtering relay for other domains where... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: andyt22
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Problem accessing my domain from some computers

I hope I'm posting this in the right forum... Hi, I'm a newbie trying to set up my own home web server. I have an old laptop where I have a LAMP set up. Virgin Media won't give me a static IP so I am using dyndns, my IP hasn't changed for months anyway... So the problem is this... The... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Percyval
5 Replies

4. Windows & DOS: Issues & Discussions

How to: Linux BOX in Windows Domain (w/out joining the domain)

Dear Expert, i have linux box that is running in the windows domain, BUT did not being a member of the domain. as I am not the System Administrator so I have no control on the server in the network, such as modify dns entry , add the linux box in AD and domain record and so on that relevant. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: regmaster
2 Replies

5. Solaris

Domain name

Hi, How to set domain name in solaris 5.10 ? Also what is the command to see the domain name ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: bang_dba
2 Replies

6. AIX

Problem sending mail to an external domain

On one of our AIX servers, I'm having problems sending email to an external domain. I'm not a SYSADM and not sure how to troubleshoot this issue. Any help will be greatly appreciated. The following mail components are installed on the server $ lslpp -l bos.mh Fileset ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: voorkey
2 Replies

7. Linux

Linux Domain

hello, i am new to linux and i wanna to know to how to create a Domain on linux system. i guess i have to workout with some ypserver.* files but i am not sure. any suggestions. thanks in advance... cheers (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhory2j
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

domain logon problem - FreeBSD PDC w/ win2k pro and winxp pro

this is the seventh problem i'm having with samba. for some reason, i cannot logon to the domain. i've created user accounts... and i was able to establish a connection between the samba server (my PDC) and my workstations by logging in as "root." however now when i try to logon it gives... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xyyz
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Domain

I am a web programmer and am fluent in site construction and etc. I am planning to register and use a domian name on a server hosted by another company. Is it necessary for me to learn Unix (I have no Unix experience) to operate with another server? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: wcc9968
1 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question