Copy file to SD card from internal flash.

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Copy file to SD card from internal flash.
# 1  
Old 09-22-2011
Copy file to SD card from internal flash.

Hi,

At first I have to say that I know nothing about Linux Smilie
But I am looking for solution how to copy one file from internal Lowrnace HDS flash memory.
Lowrance HDS is Linux based device.

Here is the link for firmware update files for this unit.

At the end of main firmware file there is shell script. (attched to this post)

In this script we can find path to config.ini file which is located in internal NAND flash chip of HDS device.

And my question is...

Is it possible to add some commands to the script to copy config.ini from internal flash into SD card?

I want to edit config.ini and copy it back to flash.

Please help.

Jakub

Last edited by PouchX; 09-22-2011 at 05:17 PM..
# 2  
Old 09-22-2011
It's nice they bothered to document a bit about the environment in there, that helps.

It MIGHT be mounting the card already, I'm not sure. What directories/files are in the SD card right now? Is that where it holds charts?
# 3  
Old 09-22-2011
Firmware 2.5 for this unit contains (in root dir on SD):
file1: hds-2.5.31.56-3-56.13-3-standard-1.upd
file 2: update.conf

and directory "MAPS"

Latest firmware (4.0) files:

HDS-4.0.36.56-Standard-3.upd
update.conf
# 4  
Old 09-22-2011
Hmm, getting closer. What filesystem is on the SD card?
# 5  
Old 09-22-2011
FAT or FAT32. It does not matter for unit.
# 6  
Old 09-22-2011
Dangit, it's not using the card in this script at all. I don't know what device it would be.

I should put a disclaimer in this post.

I can't guarantee I won't brick your fishfinder. Messing with embedded Linux isn't the same as desktop Linux, and embedded hardware is always a little hairy.

Now then... I don't know enough about your system to do what you want, but this script does have clear methods for sending messages to the screen if your device supports them. So my plan is to print a bunch of debugging info for you to read, then loop forever so that updates don't actually get installed. To kill this loop you may have to hard-power-off your device. Since many things in this script already demanded that I presume that's not a problem.

I've highlighted in red the code I'd like you to insert below some existing code.
Code:
splashy boot || true
# Some time (about 1 second) is needed to set up the splashy socket.  (Racy!)
sleep 1

# SECTION CORONA688 ADDED.  Prints stuff to screen, then hangs.
splashy_update "print 2011 unix.com fishing team"
sleep 10
splashy_update "print Dirs in /:  $(cd / ; ls)"
sleep 10
splashy_update "print Obvious disks: $(cd /dev ; ls [sh]d* || true)"
sleep 10
splashy_update "print block devs: $(cd /sys/class/block ; ls)"
sleep 10
splashy_update "print Mounted FSes: $(while read A B C D
do
        echo $A,$B,$C
done < /proc/mounts)"

sleep 30
splashy_update "print Goodbye."
while true ; do sleep 42d || true ; done
# END SECTION CORONA688 ADDED.

Come to think of it, I'll attach a file, since you shouldn't edit the file in Windows.
# 7  
Old 09-22-2011
Here's the updated script.

Last edited by Corona688; 09-28-2011 at 07:03 PM..
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

PowerHA; Import flash copy of VG?

Hey guys, wondering if this is possible to accomplish. PowerHA SystemMirror7.1 active/passive cluster. Restored a clustered system in test and upgraded to the latest version of PowerHA. Things are working great. However in the interest of time during cut over to the new system, I was hoping to... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: j_aix
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copy file and evaluate its internal variables

Hi I have been trying to figure a way to copy a file, (a template), that has internal variables. Using the values as defined for those variables in another script. So a file called x - #! /bin/bash D=aa.$X.bb And file y #! /bin/bash X=6 while read line do eval echo... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: steadyonabix
5 Replies

3. SuSE

In KDE Copy completed not always mean files were copied to USB flash drive - how to fix it?

I have noticed that when I copy files to flash disk and in UI I see message copy completed in notification area on task bar, usually copy is not completed. So, if I eject the media I loose data. It is very serious problem because may cause loss of valuable and even critical data. Moreover, when... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: netwalker
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

File splitting, naming file according to internal field

Hi All, I have a rather stange set of requirements that I'm hoping someone here could help me with. We receive a file that is actually a concatenation of 4 files (don't believe this would change, but ideally the solution would handle n files). The super-file looks like:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Leedor
7 Replies

5. AIX

Flash Copy Problem, has any one else seen this?

Around a month ago we suffered a prolonged power outage, due to circumstances the servers and storage arrays were still in use when the UPS dropped. One of the servers was running a flash copy on the database while batch processing had commenced. This is the only server that suffered any further... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: gull04
2 Replies

6. Ubuntu

Format a compact flash card in Ubuntu

I need some assistance formatting a compact flash card in Ubtunu. I connect up the CF card through a USB reader. Ubuntu recognizes the reader usb device, but does not "mount" the CF card as a device. The CF card was formatted in FAT32 format. Any help would be greatly appreciated.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: genesis211
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Sun internal disks and HBA card

I have a V490 that has couple internal disks attached to the same dual-port HBA card that I'm planning attach to the SAN for additional storage. Would I sacrifice performance if I use the same HBA? Is it better to throw in a new HBA instead? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kiem
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Install Solaris 10 with an internal StorageTek SAS HBA Raid card

Hi all i would like to ask some suggests about my next job! I have to install a new Sun Netra T5220, with an additional internal StorageTek SAS HBA Raid. The problem come in if every disk is now controlled by the HBA, how can I install the OS? No disk is being detected by the OS. SAS card... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kakabobo
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Forwarding internal internet packets to internal webserver using iptables

Hi, I need to redirect internal internet requests to a auth client site siting on the gateway. Currently users that are authenticated to access the internet have there mac address listed in the FORWARD chain. All other users need to be redirected to a internal site for authentication. Can... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: mshindo
1 Replies

10. Solaris

istall sas raid HBA internal card

I need to install a raid HBA internal card on a T5240. The reason is I have more drives and the current mother board controller does not support more than 4 drives. My question is I have raidctl set up on current drives. If I install new HBA card do I have to delete current raidctl and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: photon
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question