Perl command in bash

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Perl command in bash
# 1  
Old 03-27-2015
Perl command in bash

I have the below perl script that runs (I think):

Code:
 'C:\Users\cmccabe\Desktop\annovar\matrix.pl' < "${id}".txt.hg19_multianno.txt > "L:\NGS\3_BUSINESS\Matrix\Torrent\matrix_${id}.txt"

The problem is I get an error that the ${id}.txt does not exist. I have tried "${id}.txt as well. There is a file (attached) with the id in it as well but can sed or awk be used to extract this id from the file and put it in the perl command?

For example, snp.txt is the first line of target.txt - can that value be extracted and substituted for the ${id).txt in the perl . Also, if there are multiple lines can it loop through one at a time? Thank you Smilie.
# 2  
Old 03-27-2015
I suspect that, when it says file not found, it means what it says, file not found.

Check for things like typos in the filename, unwanted spaces or carriage returns in the id variable, etc.
# 3  
Old 03-27-2015
it seems that you run perl in windows, not in unix or linux. what is the posix environment you use? which shell?
# 4  
Old 03-27-2015
I suspect it might be Cygwin, but let's hear it from the OP.
# 5  
Old 03-28-2015
Yes, the posix environment is cygwin and I am using
Code:
 bash

to run the perl script. Thank you Smilie.
# 6  
Old 03-28-2015
And what is the value of $id?
# 7  
Old 03-28-2015
Why don't you concatenate all your threads (e.g. this) about that one topic into one?
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run several bash commands put in bash command line?

How to run several bash commands put in bash command line without needing and requiring a script file. Because I'm actually a windows guy and new here so for illustration is sort of : $ bash "echo ${PATH} & echo have a nice day!" will do output, for example:... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: abdulbadii
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to call a bash command from within a perl script?

In a bash script, one can call a perl command in the following manner, where "myperlcommand" is a perl command. perl -e 'myperlcommand(arguments)' perl -e 'print("UUUU"x4)' Now, how can one call a bash command from within a perl script? (Suppose that mybashcommand is a bash... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: LessNux
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Running set options from the command line and bash command

I'm reading about debugging aids in bash and have come across the set command. It says in my little book that an addition to typing set you can also use them "on the command line when running a script..." and it lists this in a small table: set -o option Command Line... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Straitsfan
5 Replies

4. AIX

Typing "bash" at the command line spawns two bash processes

Server: IBM p770 OS: AIX 6.1 TL5 SP1 When one of our develoeprs types "bash" on the command line to switch shells, it hangs. For some reason, two bash processes are created....the first bash process spawns a second bash process in the same console, causing a hang. Anyone have any idea what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: wjssj
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl/unix: script in command line works but not in perl

so in unix this command works works and shows me a list of directories find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt but when i try running a perl script to run this command my $query = 'find . -name \*.xls -exec dirname {} \; | sort -u | > list.txt';... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kpddong
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling bash command in perl script

Hi, I have tried several times but failed, I need to call this script from the perl script. This one line script will be sent to /var/tmp/error Bash command: /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bperror -backstat -l -hoursago 12 |awk '{ print $19, $12, $14, $16}'|grep -vi default|sort >... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: sQew
12 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

combine two perl lines into a single perl command

Hi Everyone, i have a string 00:44:40 so: $tmp=~ s/://gi; $tmp=~s/({2})({2})({2})/$1*3600+$2*60+$3/e; the output is 2680. Any way to combine this two lines into a single line? Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmy_y
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Mixing Perl with Bash

I am fiddling with a little script that will issue a shutdown command if the temperature on the CPU goes above a certain level. I started writing the script in Bash, and then thought I would like to use Perl to extract the detailed bits, but I am not sure if this is really practical. Basically I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kermit
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Perl] Accessing array elements within a sed command in Perl script

I am trying to use a script to replace the header of each file, whose filename are stored within the array $test, using the sed command within a Perl script as follows: $count = 0; while ( $count < $#test ) { `sed -e 's/BIOGRF 321/BIOGRF 332/g' ${test} > 0`; `cat 0 >... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: userix
2 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing variable from bash to perl from bash script

Hi All, I need to pass a variable to perl script from bash script, where in perl i am using if condition. Here is the cmd what i am using in perl FROM_DATE="06/05/2008" TO_DATE="07/05/2008" "perl -ne ' print if ( $_ >="$FROM_DATE" && $_ <= "$TO_DATE" ) ' filename" filename has... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: arsidh
10 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question