Crontab help required

Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Crontab help required
# 1  
Old 04-12-2010
Crontab help required

How would i run /usr/local/sbin/copyfile.sh at 8 p.m today.

What should i write in crontab -e ?
# 2  
Old 04-12-2010
Is it a one-time run? Then use at instead:
Code:
echo "/usr/local/sbin/copyfile.sh" | at 20:00

# 3  
Old 04-12-2010
I have unfortunately set it at wrong time how would i remove it .Please help its urgent?
# 4  
Old 04-12-2010
Use atrm. When queuing the job you should've gotten an output like
Code:
job <xx> at <date>

Use that job number, eg
Code:
atrm 42

Also, in case you haven't been aware of it: there exists a fine utility on all Unices called man. Using this, with the name of a command as the first parameter will yield a description of the possible invocations, and what they mean, eg for at. It's a wonderful and indispensable tool for anyone working with UNIX professionally, especially when used together with "common sense".
# 5  
Old 04-12-2010
crontab -e

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinga123
How would i run /usr/local/sbin/copyfile.sh at 8 p.m today.

What should i write in crontab -e ?
Hello,

something like:

56 21 * * 1-5 /home/ba_scripts/cp_statis123

In your case:

00 08 * * 1-5 /usr/local/sbin/copyfile.sh

Will run the script on day 1 to 5 at 08:00 o'clock.

Regards

Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help required

Hi Everyone, I need a little help in manipulating a file. This is what I need. I need to move each line barring the top 3 lines, to the right by a 8 (or some specified number ) of places. Example BEGIN: Vertices Edges Archs 1443 4042 862 4821 254 1177I want to move the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: scigeek
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab scheduled details required

Hi, I have the below job scheduled in crontab. Can you please tell me at what interval this job is scheduled? Where is the name of the job defined here? I will definitely go through the UNIX documentation a little later, for the time being, please provide me few details on this. Thank you. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
0 Replies

3. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

Crontab links required

Hi, I would like to master CRONTAB jobs in UNIX, can you please share more useful links and examples related to this, thank you. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Dev_Dev
1 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting required fields from a test file in required fromat in unix

My data is something like shown below. date1 date2 aaa bbbb ccccc date3 date4 dddd eeeeeee ffffffffff ggggg hh I want the output like this date1date2 aaa eeeeee I serached in the forum but didn't find the exact matching solution. Please help. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rdhanek
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help required in crontab

Hi All, I have written a script which checks for the quota of the system and sends the mail to the user if quota increases a particular threshold. I want that this scripts get automaticaaly executed ,whic h I believe can be done with the help of crontab. I am unaware of how to use this crontab.... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Taranjeet Singh
11 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Please Help required.

Hello guys I am new to awk programming. I need the below required script which can perform the following. I have a file containing below data. SNA NoCRD = 131 SNA OBarr = 3 SNC NoCRD = 76 SNC OBarr = 1 SND NoCRD = 155 SND OBarr = 5 SNE NoCRD = 100 SNE OBarr = 1 SNF NoCRD = 131 SNF... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jurial
2 Replies

7. Linux

Help Required

Hi, please suggest me the possible reasons for application to get hang ???? Thanks and Regards Anand P (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Anand Prakash
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help required

Hi All, Please help me in the following query need a command to get all the files in the present directory except the next day file format :: abc_<DD>.log $ls -l abc_10.log abc_10.log abc_11.log Now i need the output in abc.list which should contains $more abc.list abc_10.log... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: thaduka
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

help required

I am new to unix, and have just taken over maintenance/admin of a unix system. I am trying to restore a full backup of one of the consoles on the system. The tape backup device appears to be recognized as it is an option to restore from. After choosing the tape backup and loading the tape, a... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ecoli69
3 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question