How to configure Formail command

Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to configure Formail command
# 1  
Old 08-31-2010
How to configure Formail command

Hi,

When i type formail command , i get an error "command not found".
How to configure this command so that this command works in my machine.

Kindly suggest me.

Thanks in advance
# 2  
Old 08-31-2010
If formail is installed, it's most likely not in your PATH

find / -name formail -print

.. check where the binary is located, and perhaps edit PATH variable..or invoke it by it's absolute path.

PS: it's /usr/bin/formail on my machine.
# 3  
Old 08-31-2010
Thanks for your response.

I checked /usr/bin on my machine and formail doesn't exist. I think so it is not installed.

Now how can i make formail command install on my machine. Is it possible to install only that command?
# 4  
Old 08-31-2010
Well it may just be installed elsewhere on your machine.

formail is actually part of procmail. Check your local machine's package database, or alternatively just run the find command / locate and see what you come up with.
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

./configure

hello, I'm trying install apache http server version 2.2.22. I downloaded the file httpd-2.2.22.tar.bz2. I unzipped this file.. When I type "./configure", the following error occurs: # ./configure --prefix=/opt/work/apache2.2.22 checking for chosen layout... Apache checking for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Adriano Schmidt
1 Replies

2. Red Hat

How to configure LUN

Hi ALL, what are the steps to detect and configure a new attached lun in RHEL 5.3. rgds, snj. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snjksh
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

configure from address in mailx command

Hi, I need to configure customized from address in mailx command. Can you pls tell me the option for configuring from address. Thanks Latika (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: latika
9 Replies

4. OS X (Apple)

./configure command not working

I am learning to compile UNIX software packages on my mac I have demo123.tar package in home directory when i enter tar demo123 mkdir ~/ddemo123 ./configure --prefix=$HOME/ddemo123 i get the error message -bash: ./configure: No such file or directory I tried using sh and bash with... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: masunius
3 Replies

5. Solaris

How to configure Xming

Hi , I installed Xming on my laptop . I have a remote server Sun Solaris 10, When I lanch xlaunch and do these export DISPLAY=10.149.132.111:0.0 xterm & Myserver:/Allsuite/test/dev/ENV23>xterm & 15071 Myserver:/Allsuite/test/dev/ENV23>bash: xterm: command not found It works fine... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dashok.83
1 Replies

6. Ubuntu

./configure command Error while trying to install GCC compiler on unix machine

Hi, I need to install the GCC compiler on a my Linus machine. First step is to run the ./configure command and here we need to specify ./configure --target="target machine name (CPU type-Manufacturer-OS) or other way would be just give the command ./configure and it guesses the target name... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: viji19812001
11 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to configure the AutoComplete Command

Hello All, I'm using the Solaris 8 and I'd like to know how to configure my KSH to use the double ESC to complete the command automatically. Do you know how do it?? thanks. rgs, Paulo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: PAulo Trombetta
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to configure mailx command??

Hi, {SunOS} I have this mailx -s command in my script and when the script is run,it throws me this message The flags you gave are used only when sending mail. Usage:mailx -eiIUdFntBNHvV!~ -T FILE -u USER -h hops -r address -s SUBJECT -f FILE users. Can you help me how i can send an... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumarsaravana_s
9 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

How to configure dktab

Hi: I need some information about how to configure a dktab archive to make mirroring with ide disk. I have to know the necesary steps to make that. Thanks. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: dvl
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

IP configure

Hi people I am having problems getting a few Sun Station to work again. We just moved to a new building with new IPs and new gateways. I need to change all these settings. Could some one please tel me what files I have to change. It is a Solaris 5.7 machine. Thanx O:confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Orange
2 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question