aix 000-221 exam preparation

Operating Systems AIX aix 000-221 exam preparation
# 1  
Old 02-16-2012
aix 000-221 exam preparation

hi guys, i would like to take the exam in object, can you pls suggest me what kind of book or documentation i need to read to know all aix 7 features? (apart hand-on experience)

Thanks so much
Giulio
# 2  
Old 02-16-2012
Here you can see the exam objective:
IBM: Test 000-221: AIX 7 Administration

I don't think there's any RedBook specifically for AIX 7. But you can follow RedBooks sg246191, sg247940, sg247965, redp4815 for AIX 6 administration plus PowerVM. RedBook sg247910 is the differences guide from earlier version of AIX to AIX 7.

For Blade hardware check out this link:
IBM Redbooks | BladeCenter

If you have worked on UNIX platforms, you will do fine for basic administration tasks. 2-3 years of experience on AIX/Power system is recommended before taking the IBM certification as you need to know the hardware very well.

Best of luck! Smilie
# 3  
Old 02-17-2012
yes i have over 5 years of experience on hp-ux and solaris, then as you say there will be no problem for basic administration.
But i need to know blade hardware and other aix platform(i have worked on rs/6000 only aix 5.3)
and thank you so much for help i hope that exam certification will go well Smilie
# 4  
Old 02-19-2012
5 years hp and solaris experience will help you pretty much not at all on AIX - you need AIX experience and AIX ticks VERY different from the Unixes you know. So I would recommend you start with the basic sysadmin- and certification study guide redbooks, or you are not going to pass your certification any time soon.

Regards
zxmaus
# 5  
Old 02-20-2012
thank you so much i will follow your advice and start with basic sysadmin.
i will let you know if i got my certification in about 2-3n weeks Smilie

Best Regards
Giulio
# 6  
Old 05-30-2012
hi guys yesterday i have taken the aix 7 administration exam and passed with 100%. thanks for all support.

Best Regards
Giulio
# 7  
Old 05-30-2012
Congratulations! Welcome to the evil empire of Unix the MVS way. ;-)

bakunin
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread

5 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

Help regarding IBM 000-103 AIX 6.1 Basic Operations

Hi, I am working with IBM P-series servers for the past six months and I am now planning to do a certification in AIX - IBM 000-103 : AIX 6.1 Basic Operations Do anyone have any study material for the preparation of this certification? Also I want to know from anyone who has done this... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kashifsd17
4 Replies

2. AIX

Help to find AIX materials exam

Dears, I have been working for 2 yeas on IBM servers, now I'm thinking to get my first certification on AIX UNIX, I'm need your co-operation to provide me the link that from I can download or find the new exam book, actually I have many REDBOOK but I guess they are related to 5.xx version what... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arm
2 Replies

3. Solaris

Solaris 10 exam preparation

Dear all, Can i have solaris 10 exam dumps? Thanks in advance:confused: Rgds | P.Bharathiraja. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: bharathiraja
5 Replies

4. AIX

AIX exam 000-223

Guys I am writing AIX exma 00-223 I bought material from tesking I hope I will pass it, if I do i will share....anyone with advise out there?:rolleyes: (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Aix|Dr
4 Replies

5. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Microsoft "Donates" $3,000,000,000 to Feds

Surreal quote from the news link below: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A44615-2002Nov12.html (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
0 Replies
Login or Register to Ask a Question