libmapmalloc

Operating Systems HP-UX libmapmalloc
# 1  
Old 05-15-2006
Question libmapmalloc

Hi everybody,

I want to import the libmapmalloc.so from Solaris to HP-UX. I saw on the internet that libc.so is an equivalent on HP-UX for libmapmalloc.so from Solaris, but this library is equivalent with many other libraries from Solaris and I don't know how to link my program in order to use libmapmalloc.so for malloc operations.

Here is the link here I've found the equivalent list for HP from Solaris
http://devrsrc1.external.hp.com/STKS/impacts/i260.html

Thanks, guys
Login or Register to Ask a Question

Previous Thread | Next Thread
Login or Register to Ask a Question
libmapmalloc(3LIB)						Interface Libraries						libmapmalloc(3LIB)

NAME
libmapmalloc - alternative memory allocator library SYNOPSIS
cc [ flag... ] file... -lmapmalloc [ library... ] #include <stdlib.h> DESCRIPTION
Functions in this library provide malloc routines that use mmap(2) instead of sbrk(2) for acquiring heap space. INTERFACES
The shared object libmapmalloc.so.1 provides the public interfaces defined below. See intro(3) for additional information on shared object interfaces. calloc cfree free mallinfo malloc mallopt memalign realloc valloc FILES
/usr/lib/libmapmalloc.so.1 shared object /usr/lib/64/libmapmalloc.so.1 64-bit shared object ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsl (32-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | |SUNWcslx (64-bit) | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |MT-Level |Safe | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
pvs(1), mmap(2), sbrk(2), intro(3), malloc(3C), malloc(3MALLOC), mapmalloc(3MALLOC), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 22 May 2003 libmapmalloc(3LIB)