10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
how load average is calculated and what exactly is it
difference between cpu% and load average (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: robo
NPROC USERNAME SWAP RSS MEMORY TIME CPU
320 oracle 23G 22G 69% 582:55:11 85%
47 root 148M 101M 0.3% 99:29:40 0.3%
53 rafmsdb 38M 60M 0.2% 0:46:17 0.1%
1 smmsp 1296K 5440K 0.0% 0:00:08 0.0%
7 daemon ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: snjksh
3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
I am using 48 CPU sunOS server at my work.
The application has facility to check the current load average before starting a new process to control the load.
Right now it is configured as 48. So it does mean that each CPU can take maximum one proces and no processe is waiting.
... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kumaran_5555
4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
What should be the threshold for load average of a quad core processor? What constitutes "good" and "bad" load average values? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I want from experts to help me as my load average is increased and i dont know where is the problem !!
this is my top result :
root@a4s # top
top - 11:30:38 up 40 min, 1 user, load average: 3.06, 2.49, 4.66
Mem: 8168788k total, 2889596k used, 5279192k free, 47792k... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: black-code
6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
We have 6 processors in our sun server. I do see that CPU usage by one of the processor is always more than 70-80% and for remaining 5 processors, its only 20%. Is there a way to delegate the excess CPU load on one of the processors in server to other processors in same server? Is... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vaibhav.kanchan
i have installed solaris 10 on t-5120 sparc enterprise.
I am little surprised to see load average of 2 or around on this OS.
when checked with ps command following process is using highest CPU. looks like it is running for long time and does not want to stop, but I do not know... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
I'm new to shell scripting. I need to make a script to add on to my cronjobs.
The script must get the value of load average from my server and if its greater than 10 it should stop my apache service. I cant find a way to get the value of load average in integer type to do the check. Any... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jibsonline
9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Hello all, I have a question about load averages.
I've read the man pages for the uptime and w command for two or three different flavors of Unix (Red Hat, Tru64, Solaris). All of them agree that in the output of the 2 aforementioned commands, you are given the load average for the box, but... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Heathe_Kyle
10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users
we have an unix system which has
load average normally about 20.
but while i am running a particular unix batch which performs heavy
operations on filesystem and database average load
reduces to 15.
how can we explain this situation?
while running that batch idle cpu time is about %60-65... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: gfhgfnhhn