9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Suppose i run passwd via bash shell. It is a suid program, which temporarily runs as root(owner) and modifies the user entries.
However, when i write a C file and give 4755 permission and root ownership to the 'a.out' file , it doesn't run as root in bash shell. I verified this by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: syncmaster
2. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a text file in this format
Question no: 1
A. Answer 1
B. Answer 2
C. Answer 3
D. Answer 4
Question no: 2
The question? (choose 2) (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zorrox
3. Homework & Coursework Questions
1. Write a shell script to print the file names of all files having .txt extension of a given directory after converting to uppercase letters. The input (directory name) should be given as command line argument. The script will also check whether sufficient arguments are passed or not and whether... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sandeep148
4. Shell Programming and Scripting
I have a script that calles some other scripts. Those scripts are expecting some inputs.
Right no I am typing manually. But now the number of questions from other scripts are too much and I want to give asnwers autimatically.
Other scripts gives me 2 options
1) joom... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: microsim
5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Hy i have some tasks to do in school but i'm having problems with it,so could you help me out? :)
first there is a task where i have to find a running program on the system and kill it, then repeat that every 5 minutes. The name of the process is given with an argument. I have done this so far,... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: petel1
6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Are the programs written on schedulers ,thread library , process management, memory management, et al called systems programs ? How are they different from the programs that implement functions like open() , printf() , scanf() , read() .. they have a prefix sys_open, sys_close, sys_read etc , right... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vishwamitra
7. Shell Programming and Scripting
please help iam a student and i have been asked to submit shell programs . i have given a listing and can u direct me as to where i can find the programs or if anyone could be kind enough to solvbe them for me and post it here pls
shell program to implement IPC
to implement parent child... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ushasathyam2006
8. Shell Programming and Scripting
how to write pipe for finding out the login names and login time of the users whose login name begins with p. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rameshparsa
9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
why do we have 3 types of shell programs.
I read that the k-shell is supposed to be the latest replacement of the Bourne shell with additional features. But why call it K-shell when one can call it as a different version of Bourne shell say bourne2.
what do we have the C shell for?
Is... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ramyar