9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting
1. Shell Programming and Scripting
The below awk in bold will look for the ids in file1 in $2 of file2 and if they match print the line in file2. If an id is missing or not found in file2 (like BMPR2 in line4 of file1) I can not figure out how to add it to them to the lines in the output as missing in $3 following the same format.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cmccabe
2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
I would like to know how we can highlight/select a section of a file in vi and delete that section if we don't want to use the dd command to delete one line at at time. There is one where we don't want to delete the whole line , but up to a certain word. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pouchie1
1.) Let's say I have a list: apple1, apple2, apple3, apple4, apple5
Does anyone know how to display the txt file using c++?
Does anyone know how to insert apple6 into the text file using link list and show the whole list including apple6? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bscot008
Hi guys. I'm writing a basic script in C# and there's a few areas where I am stuck, and I was wondering if you may be able to help me?
1) Can you embed an image into the source code so it will show in the windows GUI?
2) Can you change the background of the GUI?
3) How do you add an .ico to... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: JayC89
We have to convert a sequential file to a 80 char line sequential file (HP UX platform).The sequential file contains special characters. which after conversion of the file to line sequential are getting coverted into "new line" or "tab" and file is getting distorted. Is there any way to read these... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rajeshsu
I've been doing some work on AIX print queues, troubleshooting some underlying issues we've been having. In the process of this I've uncovered some potential gaps in our knowledge. Our typical setup is remote impact printers (In this case OKIML5520s, with NICs) and local queues... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: alexop
7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
i have got few questions
1) i created a file "-myfile" .how can i remove this?what command shud i issue
2) i used echo "TODAYS DATE" ; DATE..........but date is comoing in second line..how can i make it come in single line?
3) how can i list all files in a directory using for... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: vivekshankar
8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers
Dear Guys ,
I have some Questions , i need to have answeres for .
1. now if i took a back up for /etc/passwd and /etc/shadow , like simple copy .. and Install a new system , and paste those two files to the new system ... are the passwords and user info. going to work ?? is it posibble ?
... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tamemi
What does "extern" do?
ex. extern int x;
and another question, what about using static in functions? like: static void foo(), why? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Esaia